PDA

View Full Version : LG Floor standing 3 Phase Units

Kilobyte2
08-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Help!

We have 2, 3 Phase floor standing LG Air conditioners. Model No: TP-H808FLA0 (85,000 BTU). Due to the high temperatures we experience here, we loss electrical power very often. Of course both A/Cs switch off when the Electgrical Power fails. Once the power is restored, we have to manually switch on both units. Is there anyway, that the units can start automatically when the Electrical Power is restored ?

Any suggsetions would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Kilo

sedgy
08-07-2009, 07:17 PM
hi , yes the manufactorers , are the people to advise you , basicly you have to identify which phase, is the controle phase< red yellow or blue< and put a fused link from the incoming supply onto the main contactor , so in effect as soon as the mains come back on the contactor comes in< you may want to add a timer<to stop comp, coming streight in
but do contact the manufacorers

SkyWalker
08-07-2009, 08:41 PM
hi , yes the manufactorers , are the people to advise you , basicly you have to identify which phase, is the controle phase< red yellow or blue< and put a fused link from the incoming supply onto the main contactor , so in effect as soon as the mains come back on the contactor comes in< you may want to add a timer<to stop comp, coming streight in
but do contact the manufacorers

would this not be a very bad idea as you would be taking out any control the system has? how would contactor ever de-energise? what about control circuit? h/p,l/p to name but a few?? what if indoor fan wasnt running? im sure this would create major system life and safety errors!!

am i missing something?

frank
08-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Yes..... you don't live in Mallorca. :D

sedgy
08-07-2009, 10:19 PM
no skywalker , you are not missing anything , I wasent giving a wiring diagram , just giving the guy an idea of a way to turn on his units after a power cut like I said twice < if you read it< ask the manufaterers<
and yes it is done on mallorca

Yuri B.
09-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Make a try to supply one of PCBs by independent voltage from an UPS (only "electronics" - the "power" part should be fed from the main supply).
But at first try to find out (e-mail LG) whether there may be some settings with your model for automatic reset. And study please your user manual once more thoroughly .