PDA

View Full Version : Trane CXAH/CGAH-240 problem

MortenOlsen
08-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Hi

I'm having troble reseting the ckt2 message from an Trane reversible liquid cooler, model: CXAH/CGAH-240

I'v tried to reset the fault but it won't clear the message. The HP pressostat is tested and there is nothing wrong with any connection.

The message that apears in the SMM module is "ckt2 fault" And reseting it with normal prosedures won't work.

Anyone have any ideas on what this problem is?

Thanks

Morten

centrecipew
09-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Try Checking if the compressor overloads and Klixon`s have closed contacts. If these are open here is your problem.
Good Luck.

Tesla
10-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Hi Morten
If all else fails you could try a hard reset - power down (yes the big power switch) for about 20 seconds then power up again. That should clear the fault alarm if there is no fault untill it recurs, also check that any other mechanical safetys are not tripped. I had a simmilar fault on a new screw chiller this year and it was one of those mechanical safeties I thought was set but it was tripped.

FreezerGeezer
16-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Watch out for the HP's, they're not auto resetting. There's a small (apprrox. 6mmdia.) blue dot on one side of the switch, flush with the surface. Press it in as far as you can. If it was tripped, you should hear it click as you press it.

goshen
17-07-2009, 02:26 PM
hi the smm module hp input has to be powerd all the time for ok operation if u test the input and it is hot and u still recive the trip message try as said before power down the unit and if this fails change the module we had this happen on some of our units it is probably due to power fluctuations:rolleyes:

manikenthea
09-11-2009, 09:24 AM
hi morten we had encountered same problem "ckt2 fault" in almost of our trane smm module. And what we did to rectify this problem through module software reconfiguration. We have here complete smm toolset for module repair and troubleshooting.

fyi,

Manny

manikenthea
10-11-2009, 09:38 AM
hi guys if you have defective trane smm module controller in stock/file try have it repaire on us so you could use it again without spending a new one. drop me a word on manikenthea@yahoo.com.

manny

comfortuhvac
12-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi

I'm having troble reseting the ckt2 message from an Trane reversible liquid cooler, model: CXAH/CGAH-240

I'v tried to reset the fault but it won't clear the message. The HP pressostat is tested and there is nothing wrong with any connection.

The message that apears in the SMM module is "ckt2 fault" And reseting it with normal prosedures won't work.

Anyone have any ideas on what this problem is?

Thanks

Morten
During chiller running time, put off the AHU ( Reduce the load) & once entering water temperature reduce ckt fault will be solve, then slowly increse the AHU load.