PDA

View Full Version : Zanussi Frost-Free Fridge/Freezer... TOO WARM

ouija
07-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi there,

This seems to be quite a common problem after searching these forums. I have a Zanussi Frost-Free fridge/freezer which has just recently stopped keeping chilled foods cold. The freezer section is still working and when I removed the panel inside, the fan was operating. I wish I'd thought to take a photograph but can get one if needed.

Anyway, I thought it might be a thermostat or something like someone else recently discovered but there is frost accumulating very quickly (within 24 hours) on the front of the freezer drawers. I've checked around the door seal which seems to be fine.

I can't find the thread, but I'm sure I read somewhere that it may be something to do with the defrost timer or defrost process? I believe the unit is a single compressor but I'm not too clued up on freezers to be honest. I'm handy enough with electrics and can perform some readings if required, but wouldn't want to go messing around without some guidance.

Thanks in advance.

Magoo
08-07-2009, 04:37 AM
Short of gas, get a technician to repair. Possibly a dirty condenser, blow out/suck all gunge from back of cabinet.

ouija
08-07-2009, 02:52 PM
By the back of the cabinet, I presume you mean on the outside of the unit?

philfridge
09-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Try turning the fridge freezer off for 36 hours leaving doors open to fully defrost internally then turn on and test operation.