PDA

View Full Version : Early retirement?

shogun7
30-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Your future in refrigeration as we know it may be shorter then you think because
in the future, other, higher-efficiency cooling methods are coming. One interesting system now under development takes advantage of the magnetocaloric effect—the property of some metals to heat up when they are magnetized and to cool down when they are demagnetized. The prototypes are using cylinders of the rare-earth metal gadolinium, along with a superconducting magnet. Magnetocaloric chillers have the potential to be highly efficient, but currently they are much more expensive than vapor-compression chillers :confused:

botrous
02-01-2005, 11:02 PM
hey Shogun . . .
How is your retirement already . . .
As HVAC/R professionals we should always keep uptodate with new systems and technologies , nothing can make anyone retire but himself , a pro should always read , study and have training on new technologies in order to folow the train of progress . . .
:cool: :)

Lc_shi
04-01-2005, 09:37 AM
Hi Shogun,
You mentioned tech is applied in low temp field, the vapor -compression type is no longer effective in low temp but can applied at primary cool stage. Am I right?
You're experienced pro engineer,hope you can teach us more about your skill.
BTW,i'm not sure if the refrigeration engineet differs from HVAC engineer in US. I know it's different in China. Their knowledge requirement differs somewhat.