PDA

View Full Version : Beko TZDA524F having a bad day

Fizzy
07-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Hi,

I am in a bit of a sticky situation and I was hoping if any of you experts could possibly point me in the right direction or provide some helpful advice.

We have a tall freezer, a Beko TZDA524F apparently, which recently packed up and no longer gets cold.

Up until the problem started the freezing had worked extremely well without any strange noises, clunks, wheezes, whistles or any loss in performance, then one day without any warning we noticed that the freezing was losing its chill.
The compressor was not kicking in although when I clicked of the "fast freeze" button I noticed that a fan in the top of the compartment started blowing but the air wasn't cold. The fast freeze indicator light lit up as normal but that didn't change the cooling of the freezer.

As the temperature got higher in the freezer we noticed that the red warning light did not come on at all (and still doesn't) and also the "door left open" alarm did not sound off.
The only other noticeable clue was that the green "on" light seems to be flickering or dimming very quickly.

I am not familiar with the internal workings of the freezer but I think I have an understanding of the principles involved. I am suspecting that the fault may lie with either the main circuit board or possibly a switch controlling the automatic defrosting operation but I would be really grateful if anyone could point me towards a similar thread or even better, provide some direct advice on what you think may be the problem.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Fizz