PDA

View Full Version : No cover on spaceaid freezer..

shuttle
06-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Hi, I have a compact refrigerator, its a spaceaid. I think I need a cover to keep the cold air inside my freezer.
I couldnt find my refrigerator on any internet site and didnt get much help from spaceaid searches on the net. my model number is SA3021102102

My problem is that the freezer compartment in the upper side of my fridge interior doesnt have a front cover. It was like that when I started using my fridge when I moved into my appartment so I dont know if it came with one.
The freezer is a "box" with sides of feezing metal. I
dont know if its made not to have a front cover?
As it is right now i cant store frozen foods, they melt half way...

lowcool
07-07-2009, 01:01 AM
dont know about your fridge,generally they have a door and a baffle underneath to regulate air drop to fridge,you could experiment with cardboard or notify your landlord

shuttle
07-07-2009, 02:40 AM
Thats right! I have a tray to gather water drips. So i guess it should have a cover.
I was hoping i could order the part but i didnt find any info on the net for that.
I didnt consider cardboard..

lowcool
07-07-2009, 03:15 AM
anything will do,you could probably make one from tin and styrene

shuttle
07-07-2009, 09:45 PM
That sounds more resistand to humidity. I guess finding the right material is less complicated then "making" the cover and having it work all while insolating to keep in the cold.

Any tips, can I have a hardware store shape the material? How can a create a door that is easy to close and open and also insolate?

I attached a pic of my freezer.