PDA

View Full Version : Possible to fit an auto-restart unit?

AndyDee
06-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Hi Guys,

Im new to this forum but I was wondering if you could help me out with something as you all seem to know what your doing ;)

I am running a Aftron Split air conditioning unit at home, I need to it to keep my TV etc. cool while I go away for extended periods of time. Except, it doesnt have an auto-restart function so if I have a power cut while I'm away everything boils and Im left with a sticky mess after everything has melted :/

So is it possible to fit an auto-restart??
If so where do I purchase such a unit from??

Thanks for your help.

Andy.

The Viking
06-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Welcome Andy,

Never seen an Aftron unit myself, so my conclusion is that it would be a cheap re-badged Chinese unit. Unfortunately they rarely got advanced control options like auto restart or accessories to enhance the controls.
Sorry.

If you don't mind me asking...
You have set your location as England, why would your TV etc. suffer from heat, especially if nobody is home and the equipment is turned off?

Brian_UK
06-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Haven't found any useful info on this brand but found were they got labeled.

http://www.ameinfo.com/47496.html

back2space
06-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Hi Guys,

Im new to this forum but I was wondering if you could help me out with something as you all seem to know what your doing ;)

I am running a Aftron Split air conditioning unit at home, I need to it to keep my TV etc. cool while I go away for extended periods of time. Except, it doesnt have an auto-restart function so if I have a power cut while I'm away everything boils and Im left with a sticky mess after everything has melted :/

So is it possible to fit an auto-restart??
If so where do I purchase such a unit from??

Thanks for your help.

Andy.

Whats actually melting and why is the TV turned on if your away from home?

frank
07-07-2009, 01:23 PM
The easiest solution I can think of is to put a UPS onto your AC unit. Make sure that it is capable of handling the running currents though.
This should give you protection against power failure for a given time.

Bigger UPS unit/bigger price paid = more protection.

Have a look on the APC website