PDA

View Full Version : True Manufacturing

bdobbyn
30-07-2004, 07:48 PM
Hi all,

I have a company that is interested in purchasing 10 of the True Manufacturing Model GDM-72F three door freezers for their stores. They are purchaseing them used and they need 11. I am just wondering if anyone has dealt with these units before and could recomend them, or know of any problems that these units might have. I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Dan
30-07-2004, 11:20 PM
They are excellent units and you should be satisfied with them. Of course, you can expect to have problems with any used equipment.

RogGoetsch
31-07-2004, 06:18 AM
Hi all,

I have a company that is interested in purchasing 10 of the True Manufacturing Model GDM-72F three door freezers for their stores. They are purchaseing them used and they need 11. I am just wondering if anyone has dealt with these units before and could recomend them, or know of any problems that these units might have. I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

I'm afraid I would have to reserve the term "excellent" for a better brand than True. The best I could say is that they are adequate if that's all your customer can afford.

True units are very popular because they are inexpensive. They are inexpensive because they are not very durable. If you have to replace the drain-line heater, for instance, you will gain an entirely new appreciation for Traulsen or Kelvinator, to name two. You really do get what you pay for.

I would advise a careful inspection before purchase, with particular attention to door frames & door heater connections for signs of deterioration. A used unit is always a risk, especially a cheap, used unit.

Rog

Tony
29-11-2004, 01:37 PM
You are talking rubbish my friend, True is the market leader, and has excellent relabilty.
In the UK we have a 3 year parts and labour warranty with 5 year parts and labour on the compressor!
True could not offer this if their products are as unrelaible as you say!

Abe
29-11-2004, 07:07 PM
When it comes to bottle coolers, True are tops!!

Brian_UK
29-11-2004, 11:35 PM
TRUE ...etcHey Nighter1, there's no need to shout, please turn off the caps lock.

RogGoetsch
30-11-2004, 07:13 AM
True is the market leader, and has excellent relabilty.
In the UK we have a 3 year parts and labour warranty with 5 year parts and labour on the compressor!
True could not offer this if their products are as unrelaible as you say!

This comes as a complete surprise. I had to go to their site to confirm the warranty terms. They list 1 year parts & labor with a five year condensing unit warranty.

Over here they are the industry leader due to low price. The front panels are particularly annoying since they fall apart almost immediately. The evaporator section is also very flimsy and a real pain to take down compared to any other equipment I work on.

Evaporators and condensing units seem to be okay.

Rog

Abe
30-11-2004, 11:18 PM
If you dont like the Cap locks turn off your eye balls!, typing doesnt display sounds , Smart one! and if youre talking about true the way you do its , Because, you have a personal motivated interest, at least you believe in the junk you peddle! a true refrigerator wont last five years on any cooks line that is busy, and a true refrigeratior is gar bahhhhhhhhhshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, as in rubbishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i like that word rubbish it sounds like carrots and celery! he he , you make me laugh! True , you ought to be shot , :D TRUE JUNK, TRUE RUBBISH HE HE how about them Apples

You show your colours real good...........thanks for letting us all know just how smart you are..............we all have opinions and we dont always agree with each other.

But we all have one thing in common.........We respect each other and offer the courtesy to others they deserve........

Peter_1
06-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Nighter,
If you don't uses points, commas in your sentences, they are very hard to read.
Don't forget that many of the members of RE - this is something completely different at alt.hvac. - don't speak English as their mother-tongue at that our members are located worldwide. This is the very strong point of this forum. We have Russian, Indian, Israeli, English, Danish, Chinese, New Zealand members and even US members who contribute a lot positive here.

A sentence starts with a capital letter ends wight a point. (.)
Make also more paragraphs.
That's simple basic grammar.

Most of your posts are 1 sentence long.

Forget and leave the tone you used to use in alt.hvac.

You have a posting behavior I don't like that much. In most of your posts, you're laughind with someone, shouting....
Sometimes you do it with members we all respect here and who joined this forum long before you even heard of refrigeration.
You judge peoples without ever seeing them,spoek to them in real life, talked longer to them then we have... That's not fair and proves you're not a gentleman.

This is called net-etiquette or perhaps you can see it as a prove you were well educated by your parents.

And then technically spoken- that's what the intention of this forum was/is - you posted already some real bloopers here.
Go on like that and soon we all will call you Cowboy number 1231.

Abe
06-12-2004, 07:12 PM
If you dont like the Cap locks turn off your eye balls!, typing doesnt display sounds , Smart one! and if youre talking about true the way you do its , Because, you have a personal motivated interest, at least you believe in the junk you peddle! a true refrigerator wont last five years on any cooks line that is busy, and a true refrigeratior is gar bahhhhhhhhhshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, as in rubbishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i like that word rubbish it sounds like carrots and celery! he he , you make me laugh! True , you ought to be shot , :D TRUE JUNK, TRUE RUBBISH HE HE how about them Apples

Gotcha......................are you crazy or what ??????

Peter_1
06-12-2004, 07:18 PM
....the act, and stop being a english critic, thats not what this site is about, remember peter peter pickled pecker eater!

I'm realy flattered nighter1 being an english critic- I think you meant English critic - because my english can't be that bad at all.

Altough, I don't gave a clue what you're talking about in your last sentence.

Do you know or understand this: Nighter, je bent het eigenlijk niet waard om op dit forum rond te lopen. Je bent een Amerikaanse nietsnut, een betweter en een moeial. Eigenlijk is het zonde om aan U tijd te verprutsen.

Temprite
06-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Sounds like the lyrics to a Nirvana song.

shogun7
07-12-2004, 04:24 AM
I'm realy flattered nighter1 being an english critic- I think you meant English critic - because my english can't be that bad at all.

Altough, I don't gave a clue what you're talking about in your last sentence.

Do you know or understand this: Nighter, je bent het eigenlijk niet waard om op dit forum rond te lopen. Je bent een Amerikaanse nietsnut, een betweter en een moeial. Eigenlijk is het zonde om aan U tijd te verprutsen.
Peter
If the language is incorrectly guessed, add a few more words to the message. I think this is what you said?