PDA

View Full Version : Parallel system oil problem

Tom C
06-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to blow oil lines connected to a leveler by having too much oil return?

The reservoir was filled a week after start-up. When the oil that was left in the system returned, all 3 oil lines burst at the leveler. I've not heard of this before. Not quite sure how the vent could apply that kind of force. This was reported by a sub. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Tesla
07-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Hi Tom
Welcome to the forum. Check for a blockage and is there a relief valve? if reservoir was full of oil and then it heated up hydrostatic pressures would build up.= boom. Last one I worked on had a cv20 pressure relief valve to maintain 20 psi above suction press. It is like fulling up a cylender of gas to 99% liquid then heating it up.

lowcool
07-07-2009, 03:59 AM
curious as to the maker of the lines,would have thought burst pressure to be 500 psi at the least,did have gomax line that ruptured internal membrane on h/p control line also for no apparent reason whilst i was working on the unit heard hissing no oil present so could leave out hydraulic effect.just had a look in the book it says gomax is rated to 300 bar minimum burst pressure,60 bar max. working pressure.

Eeram
07-07-2009, 06:53 PM
What kind of material is the oil line made off? Is there relief valve mounted and at what pressure rating? What is the pressure in the oil resevoir?