PDA

View Full Version : thermostat setting

franzlvilan
06-07-2009, 03:16 PM
This is my first time to post.

I would like to ask your advise.
In a meeting hall 7 units split type air conditioner where installed. Is it advisable to have the same setting and start simultaneously? What if all seven start, will the lock rotor ampere make the breaker trip? and if not, will it be damage later?

Yuri B.
06-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Odds are small that even three splits will be starting their compressors together, at one and the same moment (even if setpoint is the same for all seven). However, such instances will take place.
Make sure splits are distributed evenly along 3 phases. . Make sure that those which will be "main" ones (left working for longer periods than others) be fed from different phases.

Yuri B.
06-07-2009, 10:16 PM
As to the SP, if one for all units, there will be too often switching ons and offs (leading to wearing).
To avoid this, I would set three units at different locations at, let's say, 20C and inbetween them two at 21C and two at 22C.
After a while (after a month, or so), rotate: make those working at 22C, work now at 20C, etc.

lowcool
07-07-2009, 12:45 AM
each air con should have its own breaker,being fed from a supply capable of carrying required current capacity,keep a fire extinguisher handy when running all units

franzlvilan
16-07-2009, 02:36 AM
each air con should have its own breaker,being fed from a supply capable of carrying required current capacity,keep a fire extinguisher handy when running all units
Thanks, because when I check the breaker temperature it is really hot. Longer use of this breaker may damage it and good if it will open the circuit, otherwise fire will start when the contact stuck.

franzlvilan
16-07-2009, 02:37 AM
Thanks, because when I check the breaker temperature it is really hot. Longer use of this breaker may damage it and good if it will open the circuit, otherwise fire will start when the contact stuck.
I agree to the answer to my question. Thanks a lot. I will take note to those advise.

franzlvilan
16-07-2009, 02:39 AM
Odds are small that even three splits will be starting their compressors together, at one and the same moment (even if setpoint is the same for all seven). However, such instances will take place.
Make sure splits are distributed evenly along 3 phases. . Make sure that those which will be "main" ones (left working for longer periods than others) be fed from different phases.
That's a good answer. I think I got the right thing to do with my thermostat setting. I am really helped with your answer.