PDA

View Full Version : Samsung RW13EBSS2/XEU not cooling past 19degrees

Della0810
06-07-2009, 12:40 AM
Hi, I have a RW13EBSS2/XEU wine cooler that when plugged in makes the right noises and begins to cool but stops at 19degrees and will not cool any further. I have of course tried many different temperatures using the pre-set white and red temperatures and the custom temperatures but with no luck. What could it be??

It has recently been moved and had to go on its side for a while, before this it was cooling to about 10degrees but no further

Thanks for your help :)

happy
06-07-2009, 04:34 PM
system pipework probably blocked with oil if unit has been tipped over - might be difficult or not feasible repair, needs checking to be certain

Gary
06-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi, I have a RW13EBSS2/XEU wine cooler that when plugged in makes the right noises and begins to cool but stops at 19degrees and will not cool any further. I have of course tried many different temperatures using the pre-set white and red temperatures and the custom temperatures but with no luck. What could it be??

It has recently been moved and had to go on its side for a while, before this it was cooling to about 10degrees but no further

Thanks for your help :)

Are you saying that the compressor stops running at 19C?... or that the compressor keeps running, but the temperature does not go any lower?

Della0810
06-07-2009, 08:44 PM
It continues to run but the digital screen thermometer does not go past 19 and it definitely isn't just the thermometer/display as it isn't cold inside (well, about 19!)

Gary
06-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Then it has absolutely nothing to do with the thermostat. Go back to the original settings.

It sounds like the oil is out of the compressor due to the system being on its side.

Run it for a few minutes, then shut it off, open the door and let it all warm up to room temperature.

Running it for a short time pushes the oil. Warming the oil makes it thinner so that it will move better.

Repeat this a few times and eventually the oil will find its way back to the compressor.

Let us know how it works out.

Della0810
06-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Thank you for your reply Gary, I will try this and let you know how it goes