PDA

View Full Version : Beko - CG 964 S - Freezer fine, fridge warm ect.

JohnoUK
05-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Good evening guys & gals

I've had a Beko CG 964 S fridge freezer (in silver!!) for about 3 years now, it was given to us so no warranty or anything, but today I noticed the fridge was very warm inside.

I unplugged the whole thing, defrosted the freezer (which has been fine), hoovered the back which wasn't all that dirty, cleaned the compressor blah blah blah.

No go though, I had noticed the compressor has been running constantly lately, not even shutting off and turning the thermo knob up or down doesn't do any difference.

Now, the compressor is VERY VERY hot, too hot to touch, the thin pipe leading up the back to the top is hot and the coil down is hot until about a 1/4 of the way down. I've spent hours on the internet looking for a solution, but most places go on about fans, mine doesn't have one...

As I said, the grill on the back is hot only a 1/4 of the way down and the long straight pipe from the compressor to the top is also hot...

I hadn't moved the fridge at all leading up to the 'breakdown', but in the mini heatwave we're having, a cold, not frozen, drink is always nice! :off topic:

Could it be worth tinkering with, or scrapping it? I'll be without a FF though as I cannot afford to get another one, not even second hand!! :(

lowcool
06-07-2009, 12:51 PM
prognosis does not sound good,support your local whitegoods industry,its short of gas