PDA

View Full Version : Manitowoc Q series slush in trough

Randy S.
24-05-2001, 03:34 PM
Had a Manitowoc call yesterday. I'm not exactly an ice machine expert, but here's what I found.

The unit was down, shut off at the ice-off-wash switch.
No codes on the board. So I started it up.
A good start-up, till slush began forming in the trough to where it blocked the water thru the pump.

I have not encountered this before.

What do you guys think?

Randy S.
28-05-2001, 04:20 PM
...says Manitowoc factory. So I was barking up the wrong tree chasing a cat that wasn't even there in the first place.

Someone had turned the unit off because it was heating up a small kitchenette room in a building that was suffering from lack of cooling because of a DDC system malfunction.

Also, the ice probe was out of adjustment, and the water level slightly high to where it ran out of the standpipe sometimes.

And someone had turned the water to the unit down to a trickle.

And that, as Paul Harvey says, is the rest of the story.

brianubaldo
08-05-2008, 05:38 AM
Had a Manitowoc call yesterday. I'm not exactly an ice machine expert, but here's what I found.

The unit was down, shut off at the ice-off-wash switch.
No codes on the board. So I started it up.
A good start-up, till slush began forming in the trough to where it blocked the water thru the pump.

I have not encountered this before.

What do you guys think?

maybe someone turned it off. there is no manitowoc ice machine that would automatically put the ice/off/swith to off.

please make your findings clear?
do you mean that there is no water coming in the water through? or there is water in the water trough but the pump is not pumping the water to water curtain?

Grizzly
08-05-2008, 09:42 AM
maybe someone turned it off. there is no manitowoc ice machine that would automatically put the ice/off/swith to off.

please make your findings clear?
do you mean that there is no water coming in the water through? or there is water in the water trough but the pump is not pumping the water to water curtain?

Brian.
Why respond to a 7 year old thread???
Grizzly

brianubaldo
08-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Brian.
Why respond to a 7 year old thread???
Grizzly

where did you see the date of post?.

the date in the upper rigth is the date of registration of poster.. not the date when he post the thread!.

tnx your comment is much appreciated!

brianubaldo
08-05-2008, 01:14 PM
waaaa i see it..
the date of post, sorry i feel sleepy.
very tired in working. :off topic: