PDA

View Full Version : service manual for a Daikin FTXD50JVEA,RXD50JVEA sold in Australia

sparkie
05-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Having trouble with this unit. Was able to get error code L5 from remote, and I am trying to find a service manual so that I can go further with fault finding - can anyone help please.

Thanks, John

Brian_UK
05-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Have you tried Daikin Aus ?

L5 = Compressor grounded/short circuit or inverter PCB fault.

Temprite
06-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Having trouble with this unit. Was able to get error code L5 from remote, and I am trying to find a service manual so that I can go further with fault finding - can anyone help please.

Thanks, John

G'day John.
I have worked on hundreds of these units and that is a common fault with them. As Brian said inverter PCB fault. You need the control PCB, but meter the compressor windings first. The compressors on those models were quite reliable but the PCB's not so good.

paul_h
06-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Temprite is definitely the man to listen to with these models :)

sparkie
16-07-2009, 03:17 AM
Thanks Brian and Temprite. I was able to get a service manual from Daikin, and I have megged the compressor, but couldn't do any more tests due to rain. Will be able to do more on the weekend. Do you know if the inverter boards have a common fault that is repairable ie replace components or do you normally have to replace the whole board?

Temprite
16-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Replace the board.

You will waste a lot of time to avail otherwise.

cold viking
16-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Replace the board.

You will waste a lot of time to avail otherwise.

recently i had that error code on an daikin rzq125b,
tech told me to measure windings ,insulation and if the compressor drawing a lot of ampere in start just before it goes in protection.in this case windings ok insulation ok and and then compressor tries to start i got just 1 ampere draw.this symptoms called for new pcb inverterboard .replaced it and still l5 error .then i put the wires to other units compressor and it started .so compressor is stuck and them mother****ers wont return the pcb board.have to change compressor aswell .just couldnt figure why i dont see a high current draw at start when compressor is stuck