PDA

View Full Version : Has everyone been busy the last few days?

back2space
03-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Afternoon all.

Just wondering if everyone has been busy the last few days? I work in facilities management and we have had a 60% increase in A/C calls. Such as leaking condensate, ceiling tiles come down from condensation off ducts and diffusers, split systems leaking, systems not cooling sufficiently.

SO why is it then that even though most a/c systems are in use at this time of the year and have been for a while that during the hot weather do we have so many breakdowns and leaks?

Regards
Richard.

paul_h
03-07-2009, 05:46 PM
ha, do you know how many breakdowns happen when the weather is mild?
Almost half of them, but no one cares or notices until the weather is really hot or cold.
Every time it's really hot or really cold, half the jobs I get are systems that stopped working awhile ago but they didn;t care back then but they want it fixed "right now!"

back2space
03-07-2009, 06:22 PM
ha, do you know how many breakdowns happen when the weather is mild?
Almost half of them, but no one cares or notices until the weather is really hot or cold.
Every time it's really hot or really cold, half the jobs I get are systems that stopped working awhile ago but they didn;t care back then but they want it fixed "right now!"

Yeh Ive had a few of them also, they ring up and they say they want it on a 2 hour call out, which is life or death response for us, so I question, "how long has the fault been noticeable" well it hasnt been cooling/heating very well for the last week is there usual response! So then it goes straight on a 5 day response!

r0ss
03-07-2009, 09:38 PM
It has been a nightmare! Early starts. No breaks. Late finishes...

:\

Great for my boss' though

Had a call out the other day because a cassette in an office kitchen wasn't working. Open up the isolater outside to find it full up with water and all the terminals rusted up :S Clearly hasn't worked for a long time but because of the temperature - everybody panics and need their air con.

Rather have loads of work than no work - huh?

back2space
03-07-2009, 11:20 PM
It has been a nightmare! Early starts. No breaks. Late finishes...

:\

Great for my boss' though

Had a call out the other day because a cassette in an office kitchen wasn't working. Open up the isolater outside to find it full up with water and all the terminals rusted up :S Clearly hasn't worked for a long time but because of the temperature - everybody panics and need their air con.

Rather have loads of work than no work - huh?

Yes thats true, cant complain about being busy now can we!

We also deal with the police stations and also the cleaning for the stations, were starting to get an influx of "swine flu" calls for disinfecting of cells!