PDA

View Full Version : Future FFM90 leaking water, no fan

ahughes3
02-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Hi all,

I am hoping someone will be able to help me with my fridge freezer as I can't afford to replace it and it's still fairly new.

It's a Hotpoint Future Frost Free FFM90. A while back, water was leaking from the freezer door and ice was building up at the bottom of the freezer compartment. I had a guy come round to sort it and he took a panel off the back of the inside of the freezer and cleaned it, saying it had been clogged up with ice.

After that it was fine for a while and now it's doing it again. The fridge went warm and the freezer started to defrost. Thanks to the recession I've suddenly found myself poor at the moment so I thought I'd do what this chap did. I took the panel off, defrosted it, cleaned out the inside of the freezer, put it all back together again and it's still leaking. The freezer however is freezing again and the fridge is chilled.

I remember noticing when I had removed the panel inside the freezer that the fan was not going round. I don't know whether it shoudl have been working as I hadn't unplugged the freezer. I did wonder to myself afterwards if the fan not working was the problem.

When the freezer starting freezing again, the frost was a crunchy soft ice but there is ice build up in the bottom of the freezer again.

Can anyone help me identify what is wrong. I read someone else's thread and they talked about a heater element or something not working and so I don't know if this could be the same for mine.

I can't find anything in the fridge compartment to remove or get at and so I don't know what else to do.

Any help that you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

tonto33
02-07-2009, 07:08 PM
1st check if fan is working in freezer then check heater which is in the freezer, were are u based?

DestinyD
10-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Hi, I had the same problem with my FFM90, I followed the above points and found that the outlet for the water was overflowing back into the freezer and this was the problem. To rectify it you need to look at the external rear of the freezer. Just above the black cylinder at the bottom there is a white tray which the outlet pipe flows into. This need to be set at an angle so the excess water can flow across the tray and not back into the freezer itself. To do this all you need to do is loosen the screws holding the tray in place and re-tighten them so the tray is at an angle. This will allow the water to run away across the tray rather than overflow in the freezer. The only other thing you will need to do is periodically check this tray and empty it when required.

fergusstrachan
15-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Thanks a lot for the replies folks. I'll try it this weekend - bit of a pain to get into the back of the thing!

Tonto, I'm in London with the ****ney geeezahs! :-)

HotpointCarl
15-07-2010, 11:54 PM
pour some boiling hot water down the freezer drain hole..if the fan isnt working, your fridge wouldnt be as it blows the cold air into the fridge???