PDA

View Full Version : Daikin FDYQ250M

carl
02-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and i have just had installed a Daikin FDYQ250M ducted unit. What has happened is my neighbour is complaining that the external fan noise is too loud and annoys them. i've heard it inside their house,and with a window open it's no louder than a fan on high. Anyway I have contacted Daikin plus the installer and been told the unit can be programed to learn how it's used to adjust the outside unit fan speed to slow down during night. Basically my installer is taking considerable time get back to me as say he's waiting to get more info from Daikin. Daikin tell me that he could get the info staright away. I am wondering if there is any where I can get these instuctions to do myself before the noise issue esculates.

thanks

Brian_UK
02-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Hi Carl, sorry can't find that model reference on the Daikin site.

Do you have the model of the outdoor unit?

desA
03-07-2009, 05:37 AM
Could you install a condensing unit air deflector, like they do in parts of Asia?

Perhaps this would deflect the sound so that it would become less of a nuisance.

carl
03-07-2009, 06:50 AM
thanks, going to get measurements and get one made up. Hopefully it'll reduce the noise

carl
03-07-2009, 11:51 AM
the outdoor unit model number is RZYQ10PY1. thanks

cool#9
09-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi
You will need an option pcb like DTA104A on the outdoor unit to reduce the noise level as well and / or reduce the power (demand control) this will lead an extra service cost...
rgds
cool#9

carl
31-07-2009, 08:39 AM
thanks. I have installed a deflector and it appears to have reduced the noise. No complaints so far so hoping all is good now. I will look into the DTA104A in case i need to do this later. Thanks for all the advise given

carl

brunstar
11-08-2009, 12:56 AM
you will be able to use the night quiet mode on the controller or you could input the low noise setting on the outdoor pcb.
you should have a little picture on your controller with a picture of a house and a face.
Pushing this button reduce your fan speed outside and the compressor speed.