PDA

View Full Version : beko cda543f frost free ff. Freezer does not freeze!

benjarno
02-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi I have had the above model for typically just over a year, when all of a sudden the freezer started playing up, things were not freezing, like ice cream being all melted etc. As i said, typically the warranty has expired by a week or so. The dial inside the fridge i presume is used to control the temperature and was always fine set between 2-3 ( the scale from 1 - 5 ) The fridge has remained fine.
So I tried moving the scale to 4 to see if this would work but only results in the fridge becoming too cold and semi-freezing salad etc! Can anyone help?

happy
03-07-2009, 09:42 PM
look in the back of the freezer, check to see if there is an ice build up behind the rear panel, if there is then you have a defrost problem which prevents air circulation

snowycheers
02-08-2009, 09:06 AM
I have the same problem, there is a build up of ice at back of freezer, icould anyone tell me if there is any way of fixing this myself

philfridge
02-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Turn fridge freezer off for 48 hours to fully defrost internally then switch back on and test working ok. You pay for what you get beko cr&p. :confused: