PDA

View Full Version : Who has the most market share in industrial compressor

promise1
02-07-2009, 09:33 AM
I will like to know which company has the biggest slice of the mkt as far as industrial compressor is concerned?

Also, who has the most reliable units out there. I know that's a controversial question but i am asking for a "Toyota" of all compressors (Reliable, easy to fix, parts are available etc).

Are 415v/3p/50Hz options readily available?

I am a newbie but will be developing a 6MT ice plant pretty soon to be used in West Africa.

Thanks in anticipation.

RANGER1
02-07-2009, 12:07 PM
My opinion would be mycom which is also japanese .
No special tools , parts easy to get , good manual and most people are familiar with them .
Each country is different of course and sometimes its better to use what people use in that area .
What does 6MT mean?

US Iceman
02-07-2009, 01:34 PM
6MT = 6 metric tons?

HallsEngineer
02-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Howden screws are very reliable.

RANGER1
03-07-2009, 07:07 AM
Mycom and Howden might be a bit big , in screw range anyway .

Frank Day
03-07-2009, 03:26 PM
GEA Grasso and FES make small screw pacs which are very reliable and easy to maintain.

Promise 1 are you looking for recip or screw technology?

spz
25-07-2009, 03:56 PM
I think YORK refrigeration shares big market in industry compressor.

Grizzly
25-07-2009, 05:33 PM
I think YORK refrigeration shares big market in industry compressor.

If you class York as Sabroe or Frick or Gram
Ne Stahl.
Then yes their market share is quite large.
But as to who is the biggest is always debatable.

It also depends upon which part of a country or which country you come from.
Or even which section of "Industrial" you look at.
Cheers Grizzly

Jahangir
25-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Hi, i think sabroe compressor that newly support by york is easy to use and reliable and the support and spare part of them is also are available . furthermore the PLC "Unisab II" made these compressor easy to use and maintain.

Thetraveler1963
22-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Since your plant is going to be in Africa I would recomend the Sabroe screws you will probably find getting parts to Africa from Europa eacyer than the Us.

africaguy
22-09-2009, 01:26 PM
I think most of the big names on the market nowday's are all good machines. Thought some a little bit better than others.If you do an instalation in Africa it should be as simple as possible with out to many plc's and complicated electronics. It should be bullet and idiot proof.Mycom is surely one of the easiest to work on with parts easely optainable in South africa or europe .The only part on them which could be trickey for a new commer is the crank clearance on the shaft seal.Carrier is the cheapest of all compressers to maintain but should not be used on low temp aplications.Sabroe I would say is the most labour intensive especialy when it comes to working on the oil pump. If you have enougth money to spend which will pay of in the long term fit a Grasso.

goshen
25-09-2009, 11:48 AM
HI there if u are looking for cooling and freezing applications i would stick to bitzer or copeland we find them very reliabele with no problem getting parts

mad fridgie
26-09-2009, 06:06 AM
For this application (not to big a load) and depending upon what type of ice machine, I would choose 2 semi- hermetics (50% duty each) (Copeland) part winding start. (easier for most to understand compared to star/delta)
If a comp should fail, 60% of design production should be able to be achieved with one compressor.
For simplicity oil balancing through a simple pipe conection (large pipe between oil sight glasses with lockable isolation valve) common discharge single oil seperator. Large common suction pot (accum) with oil drain.

whathefrick
27-09-2009, 04:40 PM
market share = JCI/York

cheap n easy with quick parts
Mycom