PDA

View Full Version : buying a fridge freezer but not sure which brand to go for

kingkong12
02-07-2009, 06:05 AM
Hi. there everybody.I'm new to the forum.
After looking around to buy a fridge freezer for my home, i finally found one at a great price(Hotpoint ff200e) but after looking at this forum i don't no whether to make the purchase or not. Anybody got any ideas or good brand names for these times.
thanks

tonto33
02-07-2009, 09:56 AM
look at something like
BOSCH KGV33V00GB
LIEBHERR CUP2721
or if wanna get one to last and not worried bout price get
FISHER & PAYKEL E402BLX

taz24
02-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi. there everybody.I'm new to the forum.
After looking around to buy a fridge freezer for my home, i finally found one at a great price(Hotpoint ff200e) but after looking at this forum i don't no whether to make the purchase or not. Anybody got any ideas or good brand names for these times.
thanks

Personaly I think they are more or less as good as each other.
I will say to you what I say to every one who asks about domestic fridges.

Pay as little as posible and buy the simplest fridge you can.
The basic design of a fridge is the same, what complicates things is what the manufacturer puts onto the thing. Controls, alarms, pretty bells and whistles.

All the bagage that goes onto the thing is what boosts up the price and also is what tends to fail 1 day out of the warentee.

So buy KISS fridge / freezer (Keep it simple stupid) and buy the cheapest one that you like. The quality is much the same and if it ever fails when out of warentee you will be able to get it repaired at a resonable price.

All the best taz.

kingkong12
03-07-2009, 04:46 AM
thanks for the info. was thinking of the liebherr cun 3913, but some people are saying that they have gone bust. What happens to warranty issues? thanks again

tonto33
03-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Liebherr has not gone bust they massive company with Turnover goes up to 8,408.0 million euros – workforce rises to 32,600.