PDA

View Full Version : Brema Ice Machine

Northdude
30-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Havent done a lot on ice machines as this may seem like a simple problem, basically as soon as the ice machine is switched on the defrost timer starts going round straight away as if its bypassing the ice thickness stat which is giving the ice no time to make, the ice thickness stat has 3 terminals on it which are all being used (only ones i have looked at have 2, live in and live out when the switch makes), there are no wiring diagrams at all for the defrost timer or the stat so im in the dark. Can anybody tell me what the middle terminal is for on the stat? Basically i need to know if the fault lies with the stat or the timer, i have 240v in on the stat (right spade), 240v on the middle spade and nothing on the left spade yet the timer starts instantly(with the stat turned all the way to the right). Any help will be gratefully appreciated, thanks.

Andy W
30-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Either a faulty ice thickness stat or someone has fitted the wrong stat.

Brian_UK
30-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Can't help with this one sorry, but came across this website when looking for info..

http://www.acmehowto.com/howto/appliance/icemaker/ice-maker-repair.php

Might be useful later perhaps. ;)

dunny123
30-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Does the timer actualy go round,or does it just sound like its moving?I had aproblem with the timer failing,it made a noise like it was going round,but wasnt actualy moving,i market it with a pen,and observed for 30secs.Move the timer round manualy(with a srew driver)when it clicks and starts letting water in,observe timer.if it stays letting water in for more that 1min,its the timer.Like i said,mark it with a pen and see if it is actualy moving.I spent ages on a brema,simalar problem.It sounds like its moving,but it ant.

Northdude
30-06-2009, 10:52 PM
No m8 the timer is going round but problem is that it never stops going round so after hot gas goes through evap coil and cooling cycle starts the timer does a complete circle in like 8 mins which is nowhere near enough time for the ice to form, the thickness stat is supposed to hold off the timer for like 15 mins, just never worked on a thickness stat with 3 terminals before so havent got a clue what the middle one does?

Northdude
30-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the quick replys people :D , going to replace the stat first and if that dont work then take it back and swap it for a timer, lol

tonyelian
02-07-2009, 10:11 PM
hi
u said that u by passed the stat and that is wrong
u should know first how it works
the timer motor remain stop unlessthe evaporator reaches -10c then the stat energizes timer motor
when timer reaches harvest point timer motor stops again its energized when evaporator reaches around 8cthen the contact u asking forenergizes timer motor to complete harvest and stops cooling starts again when evaporator reaches -10 timer starts to turn again
hope that helps
ur problem is solved by changing stat

Charlie_B
02-09-2011, 06:48 AM
Do we know if that worked?

Charlie_B
02-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Seems like it's always tough to tell the difference between a stat and a timer problem.