PDA

View Full Version : Whirlpool 20RBD4 fridge part not getting cold enough?

kathb0110
30-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi

I have a Whirlpool 20RBD4 American style fridge/freezer, less than 2 years old. The freezer is fine. The fridge however is not getting cold enough. When I adjust the slider for the meat/veg drawer, the vent shows signs that the air is coming through. The 6th Sense light is on permanent. I've turned the fridge side down to 2 degrees, but it doesn't appear to be getting any colder. I think it may have been like for a while, due to milk going off, but is more noticeable now the weather is warmer. Is there something else I can check or do I need an engineer? Any help much appreciated

tonto33
02-07-2009, 07:11 PM
were u based?

kathb0110
04-07-2009, 08:12 AM
I'm in Halifax. I gave up and called the engineer £83 later! He said it was ice in the air conveyor preventing the cold air being blown through. He "fixed" it, but it still doesn't work - he did say if it doesnt work, they would come out again and replace the air conveyor at a cost of c£60! Are they easy to fit - ie plug in wires?? Can I buy one and just attatch it or am I best getting the engineer back? Very miffed as this is less than 2 years old.