PDA

View Full Version : Scotsman Ice Making Machine.

Latte
18-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Hi Guys,

Anybody out there have experience with these machines :eek:
The Model is a Scotsman ACS 175 ASE 06UK
Serial No AG 004414 99

Basically the unit is not making any ice. The refrigeration circiut works OK, I have lifted he roof off and the evap tray is freezing, The Water circuit appears OK as water is constantly running through it and draining away.

I am assuming there is some problem with the sensors that tell it when to stop and dump the ice but have only had a quick look and cannot easally see the sensors. :confused:

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Raymond

Peter_1
18-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Is the spray system working fine, all (!) nozzles spraying water up in the freezing holes?

It may not drain continuous. During solidifying, waterpump circulates in a closed system.

While harvesting, the coil goes in hot-gas defrost.
Poor some water (+/- 1 l.) over the froozen mould from above so that there is enough water circulating. It doesn't matter if you poor too much into it. It will automatically drain away.

Abe
18-07-2004, 02:10 PM
Need some more info. If refrigeration system is fine then it means that moulds are icing up............

The pump should be working ok..........spraying jets into the moulds.......sometimes the jets get blocked

Stat will initiate a defrost when ice is formed........hot gas.........is solonoid operational........

A common fault.........Lack of water.........Check if the water valve is on..........and water is being fed into unit during defrost, pour water into it using a large jug........if the jets start spouting then pump is ok and u have water deficiency problems.......a scaled inlet hose, clean it.

I have known customers to sometimes turn the water off

Check timer ( not sure if Scots uses one)

Kapital
21-07-2004, 06:39 PM
http://www.hubbard.co.uk/download/icesystemshttp://www.hubbard.co.uk/download/icesystems/ss_ac175-2.pdf/ss_ac175-2.pdf These should help .

Abe
21-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Kapital

Your link is not working

chemi-cool
21-07-2004, 07:00 PM
Hi Kapital.
Please, check the link again. it does not work.

Thanks

Chemi

Kapital
21-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Sorry just go to the main site www.hubbard.co.uk and look for the technical downloads.

Abe
21-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Try this

http://www.hubbard.co.uk/icesystems/support/troubleshoot/index.htm

Latte
23-07-2004, 10:31 PM
Hi Guys,

I have been speaking to Hubbard's technical guy today and he has e-mail'd me the service manual for the scotsman ice machine range. The file is quite big (1.4mb) and 43 pages long but is anyone wants a copy send me a PM with your'e e-mail addess and i will forward it on to you.

Regards

Raymond

ThankEvans
01-09-2004, 11:09 AM
Hi there if the unit is electronic then you should have differant stages in the freeze and ice clear.

you say that the unit is continuasly filling? well this is a big no no to start with you need a fill cycle to start with. not sure on time for this model but it needs this to refill the tray with water used in the last batch. try checking the fill solioned at the back there will be two a fill and a drain.if it allways having water come in at say tap water temperature it wont form ice!!

Stages

freeze to -13 0r -16
timed cycle by evap probe to -30 i think
then defrost again while refilling with water

any more problems try hubbard (scotsman ) 01483 234594

Latte
01-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Hi ThankEvans,

I spoke to Hubbards technical guy a couple of time, thankfully he is very helpfull and always put me right.

I see you are from Ipswich, Do you work for them by any chance.

Regards

Raymond