PDA

View Full Version : Working in Auckland New Zealand

joe magee
30-06-2009, 01:30 AM
What company in Auckland is good to work for that services supermarkets? Good reputation pays well etc.
Is it difficult to make the transition from the USA to New Zealand . What obstacles would one have. I know it's a general question but any help is appreciated.:D

Toosh
30-06-2009, 04:27 AM
What company in Auckland is good to work for that services supermarkets? Good reputation pays well etc.
Is it difficult to make the transition from the USA to New Zealand . What obstacles would one have. I know it's a general question but any help is appreciated.:D

Hi Joe, Macalpine Hussman is about the biggest one can`t remember the names of the others but there are a few Kiwis on this board, I have been out of the trade for 20 years due to an accident.

Regards Norm

Goober
01-07-2009, 12:08 PM
I agree with Toosh, McAlpine Hussmann are the main players at the moment. They have a lot of install work on their books. The supermarket work in Auckland was divided between two major players, Mac Hussmann and Climatech, with Arneg and another company called Cowleys pitching for third place. Claimatech seem to have fallen on rough times and "seem" not to be as strong as they used to be, opening the door more for Cowleys to push more into the Auckland market, to be fair I have never worked for Cowleys so don't know much about there set up. I have worked for Mac's and Climatech and would go back working for Mac's if required. Arneg....well...their a different story. I have worked with some of there employees in other companies and I personaly would not work for them. I stress that that is my opinion only!

Would recommend Mac Hussmann, lots of work, well structured, good people, but suffers like all big Co's from to much red tape...

Happy to answer any questions if you want PM me

Tesla
02-07-2009, 01:09 AM
Hi Joe
Goobers pretty spot on. I worked for Mcalpine and Cowleys and could not reccomend Cowleys - they do not have a good reputation. It's been more than 10 years since I worked in NZ so things may have changed. Good luck

WINJA
19-07-2009, 07:54 AM
Hi Joe
Goobers pretty spot on. I worked for Mcalpine and Cowleys and could not reccomend Cowleys - they do not have a good reputation. It's been more than 10 years since I worked in NZ so things may have changed. Good luck
maybe its down to the individuals experience , but I really enjoyed my time at cowleys, the auckland branch did fri drinks pizzas and twice they had strippers, this was not where their located now but at their previous location, it may have been a little rough there for a while during a management transition

BlackMira
27-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Many yankees in NZ doing refer work though?

4 evr learnin
15-08-2009, 06:56 AM
Many yankees in NZ doing refer work though?

Well Theres a bit of this an that, thats what the countrys made up of ! I have only ever come across One yank Fridgee ! An he wasnt even workin , He was on his way back from mcmurdo in the Antarctic Whilst I was working at the airport ! So no ? Had a good chat to him ! Left me thinking id like to do a winter in antarctic ! Stuff coming here, when there is places like that to go to !