PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Noisy Drip Tray Pump

Rbarnes
29-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Hello I hope somebody can help. I have moved into a flat that has 3x Daikin FT25GZVINB and 1 x FT35JZVINB, they chill very well, but two of the unuts ( in the main bedroom and lounge inevitably!) Have very loud drip tray pumps that are so load as to make the units unusable. Has anybody come across this problem? is it possible to drain the drip tray to a tank and therefore not need the pumps? Or is this a common problem and new pumps will fix?

Clk320_Greg
29-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Hello I hope somebody can help. I have moved into a flat that has 3x Daikin FT25GZVINB and 1 x FT35JZVINB, they chill very well, but two of the unuts ( in the main bedroom and lounge inevitably!) Have very loud drip tray pumps that are so load as to make the units unusable. Has anybody come across this problem? is it possible to drain the drip tray to a tank and therefore not need the pumps? Or is this a common problem and new pumps will fix?

Am trying to PM you but cant find the option....

Do you have an email address?

Brian_UK
29-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Those units do not have a built in drain pump, they have an additional pump to remove the water.

New pumps may fix it as long as good quality ones are used.

In the short term you might be able to use the gravity drain hose from the units and drain it into a bucket until you have the pumps resolved.