Hi,all :)

Why are wednsdays so quiet on RE :D

(and no i dont know)

Best regards

Mark :)

chemi-cool
14-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Well Mark.

Over 12 hours today, temp is 39 f*****g C, consumed over 5 1.5L bottles of cold water, AC in the van refused to cool,
People call all the time on the mobile " ....Can you help I'm too hot to work!!??"

So I'm a bit tired, but hey, its going to be the same tomorrow :rolleyes:

Chemi ;)

Mark
14-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Hey, chemi most of us are busy this time of year . :)

Gosh, 5 x 1.5 litres of water,do you get any work done

between toilet breaks :D :D

chemi-cool
14-07-2004, 08:44 PM
In that heat you do not need toilet breaks.

This isn't a day out at the pub :D

Chemi :)

Karl Hofmann
14-07-2004, 08:50 PM
I feel for you Chemi, the first vehicle that I had in Dubai was a Land Rover pickup with no ac, so it was a baptism of fire for me. I hope you get your van sorted soon.

It would be nice for us to get a little of your sunshine though, it rained again here today. :(

Sorry, no theory on Wednesdays

Mark
14-07-2004, 08:51 PM
I dont know about you chemi,but i wouldnt drink water if i were in a pub :D :D

Best regards Mark :)

chemi-cool
14-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Hi Karl,

HP cuts out but later I cooled it with a hose and it came back in.

What do the French Know about car AC in this heat.

If you have been to Dubai, you should know that this sun kills.

A few sunny spells aday at 22 ambient will do me just fine.

And mark I meant toilet not drinking :D
Chemi

Karl Hofmann
14-07-2004, 09:28 PM
Chemi, You should know better than to run a French vehicle over there, as with any French vehicle failure comes as standard.
That sun really is a killer, it almost got me when the landy got bogged down in sand and I learned that the front propshaft had been removed, I had a box of water, but no shovel Phew!

I also suffered from a badly burned stomach when I got jammed between a pile of resin barrels and the roof of a container :eek:... Frying tonight

Check between your condenser and radiator for collected debris

Brian_UK
14-07-2004, 11:25 PM
Why are wednsdays so quiet on RE

It's funny but does anyone remember the Hitchikers Guide ?

I only ask because my first thought on reading your question Mark was to say, quietly in a depressed type voice....

Wednesday, don't talk to me about Wednesday (and so on...)

--
Is the answer that everyone is knackered and needs a quiet moment before heading for the end of the week ?

Or are they away from the home PC due to the distance the last call out came from?

halwaya
15-07-2004, 06:49 AM
you complain about the heat and here is quite cold :/
11 C deg in the morning, 16 C deg during the day..
no wonder i got cold

btw i found some job.. not in the refrigeration business :/
I work as a department secretary in the road transport
inspection. Minimum wage.. :( but it is something anyway

Karl Hofmann
15-07-2004, 08:15 AM
LOL Those Irish fridge drivers will keep you guys busy, always overweight.....and whats a tachograph????

Peter Croxall
15-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Hi Karl and Chemi,
As I remember it in Jeddah, it wasn't the heat that was bad, it was the bl**dy humidity. 80 - 90% every day and no rain in sight.

benncool
15-07-2004, 01:58 PM
Chemi is out there in the dessert drinking all that water. And he can't even find a tree to go behind. :D

Here we are forecasted for rain showers all week. The temps are 26-30 C but the humidity you can cut with a knife.

It takes as much AC to dry out the air as it does to drop the temperature.

Karl Hofmann
15-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Peter, I spent four unfortunate months in Jeddah and I found the temps and humidity to be a tad cooler in Jeddah than Dubai, but I guess that the humidity was the same. I used to measure the temp in our workshop in Sharjah and regularly got +50c. When they eventually delivered my new car (Toyota Corolla with both a/c and heater) I found that in the evening when driving slowly I would need to use the wipers to remove the condensation from the windscreen. We thoroughly enjoyed the UAE, but as far as I'm concerned the best thing about Saudi was the flight out!!

Brian_UK
15-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Hey Karl, I was in Sharjah back in, oh years ago.., working for Sulzers at the Sharjah International Airport.

Oh boy, they love their big names don't they; it was three flights a week back then.

We had to shut down the AC one night to reverse a crossed chilled water line. Murphys took over and we had a night fog just to keep the RH as high as possible when there wasn't any cooling :eek:

Peter Croxall
16-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Hi Karl,
I guess you're right, anyone still out there needs their brains tested. With me, I must have been a slow learner, :confused: as I was there for nearly 20 years before I wised up. :eek:

chemi-cool
16-07-2004, 01:25 PM
Wasn't it the money that made your brain soft? ;)

Chemi :)

Karl Hofmann
16-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Brian, I worked for Arabian Profile as the GRP factory manager. We were kind of the fun department as I would get involved in all sorts of one off development projects. I left there about ten years ago to work in AbuDhabi designing and building plastic sub stations, and then on to Jeddah for four of the worst months of my life :eek: working for a guy named Daffalla, but he must have thought that I was really stupid because I would always get Mr Dafhukkas name wrong...I dont suppose that he ever figured it out.

Ha! The Emirates always had to keep up with each other, so if one had an international airport so did the rest

Peter, I guess that I would have stuck Saudi, if I hadn't been spoild by the Emirates, not having what you want when you want it was a bit of a shock to me

Peter Croxall
21-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Karl,
I think all of us were a little "soft in the head" :confused: , but I think it had a lot to do with the amount of "Sid and Tonic" one consumed. :)