PDA

View Full Version : Calculate condenser capacity?

Henry.
25-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Hi all! Have some condensers i had planned to use for some projects but i have no information or any idea at all what capacity they could be able to handle.

Anyone know how to calculate this based on what type of information? Or a rule of thumb, if exist, would be ok if it might be to complicated to calculate.

One of them are for example 8 rows high and 3 rows deep with 8 mm tubes and alu fins and that one is fan cooled whit a quite common type used fan and motor dont know CFM or so on that fan its a 65W motor though, they will all be in 21C ambient. One other condesnser i have are twice that in size and one other almost about 4 times that no fans on these though.

Thanks!

Regard Henry

K.R.Iyer
26-06-2009, 08:59 AM
If I am sitting on the inventory of these condensers, I may refer different manufacturers product catalogues, looking for the specs of condensers, to see which is the nearest capacity...
assuming these coils are in good condition to use.

lowcool
26-06-2009, 02:25 PM
must be fifty foot long and ten feet wide and will suit any application sarcasm isnt a forte but im with k r iyer

Henry.
26-06-2009, 02:51 PM
They are at least 2 miles long and half a mile wide so i have a problem fitting them into my house...

Forgot to mention the distance between the tubes, its about 1.5 cm (0.6 inch) on them all.

Yes im in the search to compare to similar ones some days back and that would probably be the easiest way i guess after all, if i would found info to them all that is, but i also wonder how to calculate the capacity of a condenser?

lowcool
26-06-2009, 04:00 PM
good to see good sense of humour henry,some dimensions might not hurt,i cant refer anything as our countries differ so much as in 21 deg c ambient i wouldnt mind that at the moment.
cheers buddy

Henry.
26-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Aha i thought there were international standard measurements on condensers, sorry about that.

Im still searching but the measurements on the smallest of them are 21 cm (8.2 inch) wide and long and 7.5 cm (2.9 inch) thick and its 4 mm between the fins and they are about 0.1 mm (0.15 inch) thick.

And as mentioned before so are they arranged in 8 rows tubes high and 3 rows deep with 1.5 cm (0.59 inch) between the tubes that are 1 cm (0.39 inch) wide.