PDA

View Full Version : Daikin RR100B8W1B test mode

AbsoluteWDJ
25-06-2009, 09:37 AM
I'm servicing four of these systems. I have no access to the controls at the moment. When I switch to test mode cooling on the outdoor PCB the suction pipe starts to frost within a minute or so. This leads me to question whether the indoor fans operate when setting test mode from outdoor. Does anyone have the answer to this?

Bartolo
25-06-2009, 11:47 AM
What do you mean by switching to test mode? If you're switching the emg operation switch (DS1 on outdoor PCB) it's emergency operation mode and for proper operation you schould also set the SS1 switch in indoor unit to get forced cool operation. To switch units to test mode you must do it on remote controller, the mode you're switching on is emg mode. Also if You really want to switch the emg operation you have to turn power OFF first, switch the switches in outdoor and indoor unit and than turn power back on.

Peter Wickens
25-06-2009, 12:03 PM
you will automatically get frosting! this is because the ststem overides the sensors (which is what operates the expansion device) the system gets a little more liquid back than normal.

AbsoluteWDJ
25-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Cheers Bartolo and Peter....A lesson learnt! Managed to access controls