PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerant Gas and Wholesalers!

Prince Vaillant
23-06-2009, 07:49 PM
OK here goes, i enquired a while ago about wholesalers being registered first with refcom to allow ground roots filtering of refrigerant sales, basically stopping joe public from gaining access to the refrigerant market. Refcom were not interested i feel because there wouldnt have been as much money in it, ie if wholesalers were only able to sell to an individual possessing a simple gas handling certificate this would end the problem. However after contractors spending money gaining gas handling certification and now refcom certification there is still no measures in place to stop refrigerant being sold over the counter to anyone, surely us as responsible wholesalers should be first i n line to police the dilution of our industry?

Crash helmet and earplugs now in place!

frank
23-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I've got to agree Jay. Why are we being targeted and not the supply chain?

sinewave
23-06-2009, 08:06 PM
I see we are both now registered on Refcom Frank for what it's worth!

;)

frank
23-06-2009, 08:12 PM
So we are mate - but have you noticed that the web link doesn't work from the REFCOM site ?

A bit steep though, £90 just to get your details on a list/web page.

sinewave
23-06-2009, 08:21 PM
No, didn't notice the dodgy link! :confused:

Cost us £242 in reality because of the additional Waste Carrier licence over the Hazerdous Waste one which we didn't have, but I spose it was needed really to play safe.

:cool:

frank
23-06-2009, 09:01 PM
And obviously, all these costs must be passed on the the customer, who is totally unaware of the changes taking place in our industry.

As an aside, we haven't increased our hourly rate or pre-planned servicing costs for over 3 years. How does this compare to the rest of you guys?

Andy W
23-06-2009, 10:15 PM
I for one think everyone should boycott joining Refcom until the wholesalers and if necessary if Refcom flex some muscle and force the wholesalers to do their bit and stop supplying gas to anyone without sight of a valid 2078/2079, this whole Refcom thing stinks of the child support agency to me, they will target and punish the ones they have details of and the others will go un noticed and continue with bad practices.

WINJA
24-06-2009, 08:16 AM
sadly any member of the public can buy refrigerant in NZ even r22 straight over the counter no id or quals required:mad:
they collect a levy in NZ for cfc and hcfc yet dont seem to police its use, its all about the dollars

Prince Vaillant
24-06-2009, 12:46 PM
sadly any member of the public can buy refrigerant in NZ even r22 straight over the counter no id or quals required:mad:
they collect a levy in NZ for cfc and hcfc yet dont seem to police its use, its all about the dollars

My point exactly!