PDA

View Full Version : What did you do today?

TimSaxon
23-06-2009, 07:42 PM
i went to service a diesel carrier today and when i opend the side door i was greeted by a little picture on the end of the oil filter, a great big smily sunshine in black pen with the engine hours in the centre. made me chuckle. it then got me thinking about other engineers, what were they doing.

what did you do today?

Brian_UK
23-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Went fishing lunchtime and caught a fish. :D

cebunting
24-06-2009, 01:16 AM
i fixed one house a/c today and had my daughter riding with me today...

glenn1340
24-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Removed a large oil cooler and steam cleaned it before refitting with my son in a hot noisy plant room. Then came home to a lovely salad with a nice glass of Chardonay.

LRAC
24-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Ripped the back of my van apart trying to find the connector for topping the A/C up .:mad:

monkey spanners
24-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Chucked in some pipe for an icebuilder i'm fitting at a dairy farm.

nh3wizard
24-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Looked at all of these replys

superswill
24-06-2009, 08:58 PM
wonder if i have an old map as mine says Cambridge to rotherham if on different pages and not a good idea,the office's copy disagreed

chillin out
24-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Ripped the back of my van apart trying to find the connector for topping the A/C up .:mad:
I done this a few weeks ago and then I found out that the idiot I lent them to a while back had handed them back to his last company with the van!!!!!

(you know who you are M. or should I say Mr D.)

Chillin:):)

Magoo
25-06-2009, 03:16 AM
Changed out a couple of ammonia safety vavs for testing and re-certification, and did not set off the ammonia alarm system. A plus.
Then went to a friends place to check his heat pump install, and as usual will want it done for nothing.
Remember do not tell people that you are a fridgy. Because everywhere you go some one's fridge , or heat pump, or car a/c doesnt work, "and while you here can you fix it".

abbsnowman
25-06-2009, 04:34 AM
Replaced all oil and fuel lines on a MDII 30, processed work orders, worked on inventory. Now a cold beer and a de-oiling bath. Cheers everyone!

lowcool
25-06-2009, 02:28 PM
mate after this arvo you dont want to know

monkey spanners
25-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Spent all day putting up a stand for two 7.5hp scrolls to sit on then called in at a kebab shop freezer with a duff evap probe on the way home. Time for beer :D

Andy AC
25-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Cleaned 11 years worth of pigeon poo of a daikin condenser:(

ICE/RUNNER
25-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Spent the day pressure tesing condenser units ater replaceing corroded rota lock valves, only got anoter 2 to go then change a bitzer 3 plant before i go home.

NH3LVR
26-06-2009, 02:40 AM
Well as I am not in the game anymore, unless something goes down at the Plant I work in, I have no service stories to tell.
What I did was;
Arrived at 6:30AM.
Took a walk around the Plant to check on the Night Guy's work.
Designed and ordered the parts for a room temperature alarm.
Took two bids to replace evaporators.
Called the City about fixing a streetlight a truck driver drove over.
Picked up some electrical parts.
Looked up some part numbers for a machine I sold to someone.
Explained why I would not pay for a part I returned that did not work.
Answered 15 emails and 20 phone calls.
Wrote 10 workorders for my crew.
Explained how to water some new plants in a bioswale.
Then I took a 10 minute lunch and read about Farah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. (One of whom was near and dear to my heart, and one of whom was not, you guess)
Then pretty much the same thing for the rest of the day. I do recall saying to someone that "I am glad I an a manager and do not have to work anymore".

Magoo
26-06-2009, 03:02 AM
NH3LVR, man a want a job like yours, where do I sign up, hell I will pour your coffee, empty your trash can, shine your boots, wash your car.
Only problem is the wife, she won't move out of NZ.

sibahut
29-10-2010, 06:15 AM
trying to found some tricky, about how to do body vacum aircon, and others,
Hi all I am newbie

Sotrekker
24-11-2010, 11:49 PM
Joined Refrigeration Engineer.com
Exhausted now, going to sup a glass or two of Pinot Grigio and read thru the forums.

abbsnowman
25-11-2010, 01:10 AM
LOL Welcome aboard.:D

monkey spanners
25-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi Sotrekker, welcome to RE :)

Mot for the van.

Deer cold room with noisey fan, so much blood on the floor my boot got stuck to it :confused:

Seriously dirty ice maker in pub, no parking due to Christmas street fair, used up half my 30 minutes parking allowance walking to the place...

djbe
25-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Condemned a compressor in a 69NT and changed a compressor in an MD.

But more importantly, I failed to find my wooly hat. Can't remember where I put it for safekeeping after last winter. Guess I'll have to buy another one then you can guarantee i'll find the old one immediately.

cadwaladr
26-11-2010, 08:40 PM
worked on the mobile racking in a large cold store -28c,did a bit ran out for a warm in out in out got to back tomorrow to remove burnt out motors and repair some reefer trailers.