PDA

View Full Version : Daikin ERC5CBW1 problem??

airconadam
23-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Hey fellas,While carrying out maintenance today i came across this. Unit showing it was running with setpoint set at 16 deg,When i looked at the condensor nothing running? when i opened it up found the unit of on the low pressure switch,i checked the indoor coil which had a bag filter on and slightly dirty i removed it just while i tried to run it up and coil was spotless,Condensor coil a bit of corroding away but nothing to major. I then reset the low pressure switch and after a few seconds it fired up felt the liquid going into the TEV which was warm suction cool and getting colder then it tripped of again??? reset it again and same thing happened ???so i then linked the pressure switch out while i got various temps around the system and pressure's before i left to go home.

Suction pressure- 5 bar,Touch temp of suction 6 inch away from gauge point was 14 deg C.

Liquid pressure- 46 bar,Touch temp of liquid 6 inch away from gauge point was 73 deg C.

Temp going into TEV- 71 deg C.
Temp out of TEV- 31 deg C.

Suction straight after evap- 12 deg C.
Discharge temp- 135 deg C.

Air on condensor was 22 deg C. Air off was 32 deg C.

Air on evap was 23 deg C. Air off evap was 22 deg C.

Daikin-ERC5CBW1 R22 3.5KG YEAR 1995

just want to see what you fellas think is up with the system as i have had various suggestion's put to me thanks alot

adam:D

p.s was unable to gain discharge pressure due to the schrader being ****y and was firing refrigerant out!

Yuri B.
23-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Hello.
The air off cond should be much much bigger - +45C maybe at least. It seems the fan is scarcely turning. The relay tripping is probably one combined LP and HP.

Yuri B.
23-06-2009, 07:00 PM
22C in 32C off seems to be only an illusion that fan runs OK. Is there indeed a rather strong off air flow felt ?

Yuri B.
23-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Or if the fan OK, then, incondensables - HP heavily increased while temp in the condenser in norm.

sedgy
23-06-2009, 07:21 PM
you say you could not put your discharge gaugue on cos the schrader is leaking , dont you carry a shrader extraction tool?

marc5180
23-06-2009, 07:29 PM
So from discharge line temp to liquid line temp it loses 135ºC-73ºC which is 52ºC but your air condensor off is only 10ºC difference.
I'd say problem with your fan but can't understand why you would be getting 135ºC at the discharge:eek:.

Could this be a compressor on its way out coupled with the fan not working properly.

airconadam
23-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Hi Yuri B to be truthful the condensor fan ran but seemed slow then sped up,on a second time of running it it just hummed then, When i gave it a nudge away it went possibly faulty fan or run capacitor i took the amps of the fan and they were at 12amps and dropped to 5amps as it sped up.
As for the removal took sedgy i do have one but it is not a normal schrader its one of the mushroom type head ones.

cheers adam:D

frank
23-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Hey fellas,While carrying out maintenance today i came across this. Unit showing it was running with setpoint set at 16 deg,When i looked at the condensor nothing running? when i opened it up found the unit of on the low pressure switch,i checked the indoor coil which had a bag filter on and slightly dirty i removed it just while i tried to run it up and coil was spotless,Condensor coil a bit of corroding away but nothing to major. I then reset the low pressure switch and after a few seconds it fired up felt the liquid going into the TEV which was warm suction cool and getting colder then it tripped of again??? reset it again and same thing happened ???so i then linked the pressure switch out while i got various temps around the system and pressure's before i left to go home.

Suction pressure- 5 bar,Touch temp of suction 6 inch away from gauge point was 14 deg C.

Liquid pressure- 46 bar,Touch temp of liquid 6 inch away from gauge point was 73 deg C.

Temp going into TEV- 71 deg C.
Temp out of TEV- 31 deg C.

Suction straight after evap- 12 deg C.
Discharge temp- 135 deg C.

Air on condensor was 22 deg C. Air off was 32 deg C.

Air on evap was 23 deg C. Air off evap was 22 deg C.

Daikin-ERC5CBW1 R22 3.5KG YEAR 1995

just want to see what you fellas think is up with the system as i have had various suggestion's put to me thanks alot

p.s was unable to gain discharge pressure due to the schrader being ****y and was firing refrigerant out!
You have got to be joking - right?

Temp into TEV = 71C
Temp after TEV = 31C
Temp at Suction just after Evap = 12C???????

Sounds like the evaporator is acting as a condenser, adding temperature into the space instead of the other way around and condensing vapour, however, the decrease in temperature across the evap (23C-22C) says otherwise.

First thing I would do is recover, pressure test and recharge, then take another set of readings.

airconadam
23-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Hey frank i wish i was joking!! I thought this would be a weird one:confused:.

I did check all the reading's 2 or 3 times aswel to make sure.The system seems to contradict itself????? think i may do as you say frank and see were it leads me.Also tho why trip of on low pressure with the pressure at 5bar?????

There is 2 pressure switches HP and LP

cheers

marc5180
23-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Faulty low pressure switch.

Brian_UK
23-06-2009, 10:38 PM
You keep saying low pressure switch but you are showing a liquid pressure of 46 bar.

Doesn't that strike you as a tad high ?

airconadam
23-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Just a tad Brian;) just asking why would it go off on low pressure tho!!

maybe faulty?

Brian_UK
23-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Are you sure that it is the low pressure switch and not the high pressure switch that is tripping? That's why I asked.

Is it a combined low/high switch unit?

airconadam
23-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Ah rite sorry Brian, no there is 2 pressure switches and i only linked out the one being LP. HP switch still connected to the discharge,will try and get the discharge pressure tommorrow thanks alot