PDA

View Full Version : Freezer Counter Fault - Help

kenny_70
21-06-2009, 08:08 PM
I have a 3 door freezer counter which was not coming down to temp. When gauge put on was pulling a vacuum and found that top half of evap was frozen solid. Thought there was a blockage in the capilliary. Replaced evap & capilliary with new and fitted a new filter/dryer and charged R404. Has run for 3 days and have same fault has appeared again. Could this be caused by moisture? Any help would be apprieciated am new to this fridge thing and am getting a headache with this one.

Brian_UK
21-06-2009, 11:21 PM
What level of vacuum did you achieve prior to recharging?

lowcool
22-06-2009, 03:57 AM
is the defrost cycle functioning correctly

Yuri B.
22-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Hello Kenny. I bet you did no vacuuming - just pushed the air by R404. You also it seems did not pressure tested. Moisture the most probable, but might also be the freezer is losing its charge somewhere - without evident signs ?

Grizzly
22-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi Kenny.
I tend to agree with lowcool.
Go back to basics, A blocked evap will play havoc with the suction pressures!
Defrost the evap and revue the defrost intervals.
Increase if necessary and check for cleanliness.
Also check Condenser cleanliness.
Good luck Grizzly

thebigcheese
24-06-2009, 10:37 PM
why did u change the capillary and evap just because it was in a vac... if the evap was frozen soilid u couldnt get a correct suction reading

sean1
25-06-2009, 01:14 AM
should have defrosted coil before taking gauge readings ice on the evap will give you low suction pressures.more info needed or search this site it has been covered-look up p/t charts or mellior charts. doing same myself makes sense once you broke it down a bit but it is hard work

1mikeefc1
25-06-2009, 08:24 AM
sounds daft but have you checked evap fans running correctly?

icecube51
25-06-2009, 08:53 PM
when you did a vacuming of the system,did you opened the solenoid(s) , so you have a free and open system ??

Ice

kenny_70
28-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Hi thanks for all the replys, I defrosted the unit first before checking & coming to the conclusion that a blocked capilliary was to blame. Replaced the capilliary and evaporator as was still under guarantee and thought it would be the quickest option. leaktested with ofn and vacuumed. charged with scale as per data plate R404. Have been back since found unit struggling to get down to temp siting at -12c evap temp -19c condensor very warm and suction line frosted back to compressor. All fans are running, evaporator clear of ice & condensor is clear. I usually only work on ice machines and just cant seem to figure this out at all. Am I missing something?

thebigcheese
28-06-2009, 04:03 PM
how long did u pull a vacuum for and did u check it too see if it held a vacuum...
is this a foster?

Gary
28-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi thanks for all the replys, I defrosted the unit first before checking & coming to the conclusion that a blocked capilliary was to blame. Replaced the capilliary and evaporator as was still under guarantee and thought it would be the quickest option. leaktested with ofn and vacuumed. charged with scale as per data plate R404. Have been back since found unit struggling to get down to temp siting at -12c evap temp -19c condensor very warm and suction line frosted back to compressor. All fans are running, evaporator clear of ice & condensor is clear. I usually only work on ice machines and just cant seem to figure this out at all. Am I missing something?

Was the cap tube an identical replacement?

Did you check the superheat at the compressor inlet?

Did you check the air temps entering and leaving the coil (as close to the coil as possible)?