PDA

View Full Version : Cooling down my Pc's existing water cooling.

barryd
20-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Good day every one.

To begin wiht I am a complete noob when it comes to cooling things down so please forgive me lack of techinicall knowledge and terms.

I have a water cooling unit for my pc and was thinking of cooling the water down even further. I was thinking of going to a second hand shop and buying and old but still working water cooler with a compressor and heat exchanger or an old refrigerator and somehow adapting the compressor to cool down the water to around 5deg celcius.

Is this at all possible and can someone please give me a few pointers on how to do this.

Regards.

Barry Bolton

knighty
20-06-2009, 05:53 PM
you'd be better off using a peltier element with a 2nd water loop....

you'd need more cooling than a watercooler/small fridge could provide.... so would need a custom system building...

if you want to go to sub ambient temps, you'll be better off with say 2 x 500w peltier elements cooled by a 2nd water loop... controling the 2 elements on/off to mainitain temprerute....

what is your water temp like now ?

I'm at 30'C (water temp)
core2duo @ 4.40Ghz and 35'C
ATI 4870 @ stock and 36'C
north bridge is at 45'C
hard drives (w/c also) at 33'C
and a watercooled PSU

I can drip temps quite a bit if I run the fans/pump on 12v... but i like nice quiet 5v fans and 7v pump

northbridge is a little warm... the waterblock is fixed onto the heatpipe system thingie...