PDA

View Full Version : absorbption fridges

mwangi
19-06-2009, 03:52 PM
hi,just bumped into this forum.got an absorbption fridge but the trouble is it doesn't function.the burner is ok,i turned it upside down for several days,tried to increase the heating using a blow lamp but still it doesn't heat up.what could be the problem.any ideas will be appreciated.

icecube51
21-06-2009, 09:06 AM
i think there is a blocking in the line somewhere. whats out whit the blow torche friend,because you are dealing whit an ammonia mixture. do not open the pipes whitout gloves & glasses. if you open the pipes,it will be very difficult to fill the unit and close it again. the only thing possible is to turn it upside down for 1Hr and than turn it back again for one Hr. do this 5 ore 6 times,and maybe it will turn on again. if not,it lost his mixture an will not work before there is mounted new one.

suc6 M8, Ice

mwangi
23-06-2009, 08:41 AM
thanks for the info.i will try it and see how it behaves.good day.

icecube51
23-06-2009, 03:35 PM
because the pipes are made of steel, you can try to hit them whit a piece of wood so the NH³ mixture will pas mutch better during the turning around and possible airpockets will disolve. make sure the chimnee is clean and the burner is not to strong, you need a nice soft bleu flame, an outgoing temp of 80C° is more than enough.

Ice