PDA

View Full Version : Failing remote controller (daikin BRC1D527)

ColocMadrid
19-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Hi,
Our air conditioning system won't work.
The remote controller keeps showing the "external control" icon (the 3 little arrows pointing centerward) like some other control device would take over it.
Since such a device does not to exist we wonder what is the other signification of that icon.
If we tray any operation (setting timer, ...) it actually fails.

hendrag
19-06-2009, 10:17 AM
the centralised control symbol as described above shows for a number of reasons

the first is there is some centralised controller connected, this could be a PC, a timer, a KRP time clock pcb or the like, if you are not sure try this. press test (bottom left) button on the RC for 6 seconds, the display will change, if it says 00 where the temperature is usually displayed YOU DO HAVE a centralised control device if it shows 10 you dont.

press test once to exit this mode.

the centralised control symbol also shows if the terminal T1 T2 are used they can be wired to any external switch i.e PIR or window switch. depending on the setting of the unit this can be used to shut the unit down and the centralised symbol will show again.

good luck hope this helps

graham (back working on the daikins)

ColocMadrid
20-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Thank you for your answer.
We found out where the problem comes from.
This is an apartment we just moved in (a colocation) and each of us was given a controller dedicated to setting the temperature in our respective rooms.
But it seems one controller was not given to us: the master controller which is the one used to set the general behaviour of the whole system.
Once we found this controller and switched it on, the remote controller on the wall stopped showing the icon I spoke about and we could set it up successfully.

LRAC
22-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Just a quicky guys, one of our engineers diagnosed a PCB problem on a FAYP71LV1 high wall unit. Of course the enginner is on holiday, we replaced the indoor PCB but still no go. Power to PCB and a voltage out to control pad BRC1D52 i suspect the actual controller is faulty itself completly blank.

Any help much appreciated.

brunstar
22-06-2009, 08:51 PM
if you have 16 volts to the controller and there is no display it will be the controller itself then, a very rare instance.