PDA

View Full Version : Ambient conditions in Australia

licensedtochill
19-06-2009, 04:24 AM
Maximum for air cooled condensers? Please!

lowcool
19-06-2009, 06:52 AM
46 deg c. is the highest design rating ive seen so far,not much chop if your in the kimberleys had the odd day over 50 had to pick up tools with a rag if left in the sun

licensedtochill
19-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Another Carlton Draught man, I hope it was cold!

lowcool
19-06-2009, 04:45 PM
brrr brrr.comfortably numb.

Slatts
20-06-2009, 06:37 AM
I worked through a 53C day at the rock in about '83.
A few months later it was down to -10C.
You're looking at a region from about 11 degrees South at the top of Cape York to about 45 degrees at the bottom of Tazzie. Makes it a bit hard to generalise.

lowcool
22-06-2009, 04:06 AM
one must remember that some refrigerants behave poorly at high condensing temps especially air coolled jobbies,dont know how water coolled works at the rock,nothing like crackling ice when you get out of your swag

Magoo
22-06-2009, 04:33 AM
hell that is a huge ambient temp swing.
I have always wanted to see the "rock", as in a lump in the middle of a desert.
magoo

Slatts
22-06-2009, 10:16 AM
hell that is a huge ambient temp swing.
I have always wanted to see the "rock", as in a lump in the middle of a desert.
magoo
I spent the better part of a year there toward the end of the construction of the resort. It was quite an experience, but the fishing was terrible.

cool_tech
22-06-2009, 11:15 AM
hey license to chill, what area of aus are you looking to put this condensing unit. have you considered putting wet evap pads on the outside of this unit. works well in north western victoria .

Magoo
23-06-2009, 05:10 AM
Hi Slatts.
Correct me if Iam wrong, but the original resort/ community cooling system was ice-bank system installed by W&S, does that ring a bell. And since then a half brained person changed it to glycol.
Hell I could imagine the fishing would be a dry argument.
magoo

Slatts
23-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Hi Slatts.
Correct me if Iam wrong, but the original resort/ community cooling system was ice-bank system installed by W&S, does that ring a bell. And since then a half brained person changed it to glycol.
Hell I could imagine the fishing would be a dry argument.
magoo
It had a W&S screw (the first screw compressor I'd seen. I recall being amazed at how small it was.) and was controlled by the first desktop PC that I remember seeing.
the screw chilled an underground ice bank during low load time eg: at night.
The roofs were covered with solar water panels to supply domestic hot water and heating water as I recall.
I also recall being covered in glycol while setting static pressure valves in the flats and mall on the AHUs and the main runs into the buildings.
I'm not sure after all this time but I assume there was a heat exchanger between the water from the ice bank and the glycol.