PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba split

sexysouthwest
16-06-2009, 05:42 PM
I am installing two Toshiba under ceiling split casettes in the same room and am wondering how to run both casettes off one controller, Is it as easy as daisy chaining the two casettes on the two core controller cable.I can only find how to run two casettes and one controller if they have the same condenser.

frank
16-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Run a 3 core cable from the controller to the first cassette (A+B+C) then run a 2 core cable between the cassettes (A+B)
This will make them Master/Slave to the controller although they will both respond to the controller settings as one

Note. This is based on the old Tosh units that had 3 core connections - haven't fitted any Tosh stuff lately)

eggs
16-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Is it as easy as daisy chaining the two casettes on the two core controller cable.

This is exactly it, it is all self addressing as well. They take a few minutes mind to shake hands, up to 10 minutes sometimes.

Eggs

sexysouthwest
16-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks for your help i will try this tomorrow.

Yuri B.
16-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Some additional settings are probably needed on PCB. Otherwise instead of handshaking the units might start fighting for a leadership.

eggs
16-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Some additional settings are probably needed on PCB. Otherwise instead of handshaking the units might start fighting for a leadership.

No, none at all.

Eggs

Yuri B.
16-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Possible to join only /or more than two (Toshibas)?

eggs
16-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Up to 16 splits is fine and self configuring on the standard controller.

Shhhh, Toshiba are the trades best kept secret, non of that Mitsubishi MAC31 bullshi7 for a job as simple as this.

Eggs

alsmc
17-06-2009, 11:48 AM
I am installing two Toshiba under ceiling split casettes in the same room and am wondering how to run both casettes off one controller, Is it as easy as daisy chaining the two casettes on the two core controller cable.I can only find how to run two casettes and one controller if they have the same condenser.
Hi, yes it is easy,the tosh splits uses a two core cable, run a +b on remote to a+b on master unit and the daisy chain to the slave, when powered up the unit will self address, one nice trick on these systems are that you can set the indoor unit to ultra high fan speed for high loads of high cielings, oh and use 2core screened cable if you are running the cable near and power cables, this will stop any (noise) interferance
hope that helps.

alsmc
17-06-2009, 11:51 AM
one more thing, as you dealer for the tosg tech hand book, gives you all setting, fault codes, part nos, serial nos etc, etc, you wont whant to fit anything else once you have that, tech back up is brilliant

Loops
23-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Yes it is as easy as daisy chaining the control cables on the A&B connections. There are no dip switches or rotary dials to set up, it's all automatic now.

BUT not 16 of them in the same group - on the new R410A models it's now 8 indoor units (one master & seven followers).

A group of 16 was possible on R22 & R407C models.

Cheers

Loops

chill it
25-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Hi guys , ive just started installing Toshiba as an alternitive, technical back up is second to none, their is always some poor tech bod on the end of their tech line 24/7.
no other supplier gives that service.
Toshiba is the way forward. DONT TELL DAIKIN!!!