PDA

View Full Version : 6yr Samsung inverter lights flashing

fridge doctor
16-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi all,

Got a customer with a 9000Btu wall split Samsung inverter. Model : SH09 VA1
Although R22 and 6 yrs old it has hardly been used and inside the casing looks like installed yesterday.

What happens is : Power up, bleeps, fan starts, then click within outdoor unit, then 2 mins later bleep, shut down and two lights flash together. The lights are indicated in the book as 'Timer' and 'Nature'. Didn't look in the outdoor unit as it is hard up against a pergola, and I would have to do some dismantling to get the lid off.

Any thoughts anyone please ?

Trevor

lowcool
16-06-2009, 10:10 AM
any refrigerant in it ?

fridge doctor
16-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Fair point.... I have not checked but normally I would expect the system to at least kick in before deciding on a 'low gas' problem. Do you have any reason to think that low gas might be the problem?

lowcool
17-06-2009, 05:23 AM
was only thinking that if a low pressure switch was in circuit it maybe holding it out

Bones
25-06-2009, 10:49 AM
had a few similar problems with samsungs when i worked on some a few years back. if the unit got a spike or lost its memory on the indoor pcb and didnt know what model it was the lights used to flash as you say.

you can try program the model back into the pcb by using the remote controller and see if this fixes your problem. i dont think i would have any information on the model you posted here but i will have a look for you...

-

had a look on my pc for model codes and i dont have them anymore, they would be on my old work laptop which i no longer have sorry trevor. if you have the tech support number for samsung where your from they should be able to give you the codes etc over the phone or email you the service manual with the information.