PDA

View Full Version : whirlpool ARC4110-wh

sallymae
16-06-2009, 08:31 AM
I have a whirlpool fridge freezer model number ARC4110. It is only 18months old and has started playing up. The freezer part is fine but the fridge compartment is getting flooded with water all the time and the temp is wrong the fridge isn't cool. We have switched it off for 48hrs cleaned all bits of fluff etc that we can see and switched it back on. IT seemed ok for about a week but now it is back to square one. i would really appreciate any advice you may have on this . As it is out of guarantee it looks as if this is going to be expensive.

lowcool
16-06-2009, 10:25 AM
i dont know your fridge maker but it sounds like a drain tray/defrost problem,assuming its fan forced/frost free.your evaporator heaters or whatever are probably working hence the water,assuming the water cannot run away because of blocked drain or drain tray heater not working it freezes,builds up,blocks air ducts etc with the water somehow finding its way to the fridge.air ciculation is paramount

tineke
06-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Hm you have only clogged the drain hole and condense water is not draining.the hole is near the refrigerators lover shelf.You will se at the middle of that shelf one small hole.Clean it with some plastic stick or something until the water will drain.

paul_h
07-07-2009, 01:38 PM
i dont know your fridge maker but it sounds like a drain tray/defrost problem,assuming its fan forced/frost free.your evaporator heaters or whatever are probably working hence the water,assuming the water cannot run away because of blocked drain or drain tray heater not working it freezes,builds up,blocks air ducts etc with the water somehow finding its way to the fridge.air ciculation is paramount

Yep, if this is a standard upright fridge/freezer with the freezer at the top, it seems like a drain issue.
The freezer is defrosting but the water isn't going down the drain. The water is going into the fridge and then later freezing up the air duct, blocking airflow so the fridge gets warm

danielmartind
16-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Hm you have only clogged the drain hole and condense water is not draining.the hole is near the refrigerators lover shelf.You will se at the middle of that shelf one small hole.Clean it with some plastic stick or something until the water will drain.

Hi,

I have the same trouble my fridge. I cannot find any drain holes though? Can anyone offer any further help?