PDA

View Full Version : Spitting Cassette!

sinewave
15-06-2009, 08:58 PM
We installed a 7kW Compact Fujitsu cassette a few weeks ago.

Within a week there was complaints that the unit was dripping the odd droplet of water on to the desk below.

Went back today to investigate further.

Upon investigation all seemed well with the unit but on watching the unit over 30 mins or so it could be seen that the fan was blowing droplets of water off the coil before they had dripped in to the tray and out through the louvers.

The tray is centraly located OK but does seem rather close to the edge of the coil.

Am waiting for Fujitsu to get back to me on this one.

Anyone any ideas?

Just wondering if it could be due to the design as they've crammed 7kW of duty in to a standard 600mm ceiling tile space?

:confused:

marc5180
15-06-2009, 09:19 PM
Probably a silly question but is the cassette level?

sinewave
15-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Yes it is marc.

It does it after only 5-10 mins on cooling before the tray has even had chance to partialy fill.

As stated it seems to be blowing off the coil before it even hits the tray.

Andy W
15-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Does it happen on low speed fan as well as high ?

I presume it is a normal office application not high humidity and the sizing of the system is correct.

sinewave
15-06-2009, 10:21 PM
No andy it seems OK on a lower Fan speed as this is what I did initialy as my first visit was a late afternoon flyer.

Office is L shaped and the other side is not conditioned yet (but will be after other building works) so yes technicaly the unit is undersized at the mo.

All that aside this has never happened before in simlar circumstance

Andy W
15-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Could it be ice and not condensate ?

sinewave
15-06-2009, 10:29 PM
No, I've stood and watched it off my steps with a maglite torch shining up the louver!

It's definately droplets of water driping off the edge of the tray and out of the louver.

Stripped it down today, tray out everything to see if the tray way miss-aligned or sumat, but no all was fine.

:(

Andy W
16-06-2009, 07:08 AM
If I was you I would get on to Eurofred and ask them to come to site or replace the cassette, I know what you mean about the tray been close to the edge of the evaporator though, I have noticed that myself.

desA
16-06-2009, 07:29 AM
No andy it seems OK on a lower Fan speed as this is what I did initialy as my first visit was a late afternoon flyer.

If you have an airflow anemometer handy, please measure the airflow velocity exiting the coils, at the various speeds.

I wonder if the fan is blowing too hard & entraining the water droplets? :eek:

A few pics of the unit would help to understand.

p_p
16-06-2009, 08:50 AM
I have experienced the same problem, it is a design fault, if i can recall there is no gap between the pan and the coil on two corners Fujitsu have crammed a 7kw coil in a 5kw pan.
The condensate runs down the coil and on to the top lip of the pan instead of into it.
It really is that simple guys!!!

sinewave
16-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Not been back to site yet PP and I've had a few pointers of another of our learned friends on here.

What was the outcome of your situation with Fujitsu?

I've not actualy managed to speak to them yet as their Tech line is generaly un-maned most of the time and all U get is an answer phone! :mad:

p_p
17-06-2009, 08:23 AM
According to Fujitsu no one else has had a problem!!!!!
From memory I managed to wedge something between the coil and the pan about 9mm in thickness just to ease the pan away from the coil.
Job sorted.

Good luck mate

stefs_cruiser
18-06-2009, 04:37 AM
Are you sure the unit is not under charged?
If it is a long pipe run, was there refrigerant added?

nick uk
19-06-2009, 11:50 PM
i have seen a similar problem before on a new denco it had an oil film on it after it was degreased it was fine the water would not wet the coil and was blown off

sinewave
23-06-2009, 07:19 PM
UPDATE!

Fixed it! :D

With no help what-so-ever off Fujitsu Techline who seem to be permanently on answer phone! :mad:

It was exactly as PP stated, that the coil was touching the inside of the tray and therefore letting the fan blow beads of condensate along the edge of the tray till they get to an edge then fall off!

A few strategic 'Window fitting' plastic spacers sorted it out though! :)

Won't be fitting another 7kW Fuji cassette that's for sure! :(

Cheers PP! :)

Karl Hofmann
23-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Well thats what you get for fitting cheap junk.... LG in future, eh? :D

sinewave
23-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Well at least I didn't have to rip it out, eh Karl! ;)

Karl Hofmann
23-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Well at least I didn't have to rip it out, eh Karl! ;)

...... Bitch!....:p

Karl Hofmann
23-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Give 'em a few weeks and they'll fall out on their own...:D

sinewave
23-06-2009, 10:28 PM
..........:eek:...........

desA
24-06-2009, 03:24 AM
^ lol... :)

chill it
25-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi guys , i think problems started when you bought Fujitsu. I gave them up in the nineties when their relays were found to be undersized on the indoor p.c.b.
think about useing Toshiba as an alternitive, i ve found them reliable.

sinewave
25-06-2009, 07:37 PM
That's all well & good Chill it but a Tosh Cassette is a huge amount more than a Fujitsu unit.

Tosh prices are on par with Mitsi & Daikin I believe so I may as well fit a Mitsi unit which I'd spec all day long if price was not key!

:)

eggs
25-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Sinewave, i recommend you give Tosh a try.
They are ultra reliable, easy to fit, and the back up is second to none.
For small guys like me, they are un-beatable ......and they are a little bit cheaper that Daikin and Mitsi, not much but a little bit.

Eggs

sinewave
25-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Might give em a go then, whose the best supplier in 'Middle England' then?

HRP?

Karl Hofmann
25-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Might give em a go then, whose the best supplier in 'Middle England' then?

HRP?

HRP....:eek::eek::eek:

CDL In Warrington used to be Tosh and Carrier suppliers..

Sanyo are also worth a look as their cassettes are almost identical to the Toshibas.

I fitted Fujitsu once... Don't think that I'll bother again..

Andy W
25-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Im a bit surprised about the Fujitsu comments, they are all I fit since my LG days and out of 50 units I had problems with 2, one was me over tightening a flare (purchased a torque spanner after that) and a couple of months ago an inverter board failed after 2 years so overall I have been very pleased with Fujitsu, decent value for money and I have confidence in the brand.

eggs
26-06-2009, 11:49 AM
HRP....:eek::eek::eek:

CDL In Warrington used to be Tosh and Carrier suppliers..

Yep go to CDL, great bunch and exceptional service.

Eggs