PDA

View Full Version : tesco power perfector

fowlie
13-06-2009, 10:50 PM
was at a job today on a koxka rollin milk case found fans not blowing very strong these are the ebm ones with run caps fitted when cheking found fan speed controller looked dead as input voltage was only 215v and after cap only 229v,suspect these damn energy saving ideas is the cause think i might have to replace capacitors with larger ones is anybody else having similar problems.
thanks

bowral fridgy
14-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Are these fan motors PSC type or the new electronically commutated type ? Either way the caps fitted are matched to the particular motor characteristics and shouldn't be changed to different values. Have you checked their value with a capacitance meter ? How many motors are there in the case - one cap may have failed but all of them ? Is the speed control a separate triac phase control type ? Shouldn't you get mains voltage on output when set to maximum. Don't you have 240V in scotland ? Try bypassing speed control and see what happens to motor speed. Check motor bearings by cutting power and spinning blades by hand. If they stop turning straight away bearings are start to bind.

fowlie
14-06-2009, 05:12 PM
no these are the old type whats happened is the new energy saving gods have installed these machines to reduce input voltage to the store to save money.so instead of case supply being 240v its down to 215v so after the fans cap its still only 229v.so its not a failure with the fans or the speed controller its down to the reduced voltage to the case,suspect i will need to fit a biggar cap to compensate for the voltage drop.

coolhibby1875
14-06-2009, 07:55 PM
i dont think incresing the capacitor will help as they are usally matched to the motors if you get it wrong and blow up a run cap it can get pretty messy done it myself on a costan roll in milk *wont do it again*

fowlie
14-06-2009, 08:40 PM
point taken but if iam only upgrading the caps to run at the same voltage that the fans were running at before voltage was dropped i dont expect any problems as they will still be running at design voltage

Spencer.Guy
14-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Ask for the voltage to be increased slightly on the perfector.
Volt reduction is the in thing in supermarkets at the moment, But not at the cost of equipment performance.

fowlie
14-06-2009, 08:52 PM
dont know if that can be done will need to ask questions tomorrow i know some of their microwaves wont work either,nothing but trouble with these energy ideas.just had all freezer lights changed to leds but guys installing have been drilling selftappers into loads of the trimheaters for the doorframes
oh the joys

irish iceman
15-06-2009, 08:12 AM
howya doin if there the new ebm papst e type fans that tesco r putting in ireland there set up using a computer package and have two speed settings......dont know if this has been said

coolhibby1875
15-06-2009, 07:11 PM
hi we had a tesco in edinburgh get a power perfector last night and a certain company fridge company thats not involved on the tesco contract other than these left site after it saying all was fine and dandy but did not notice that lt5 pack was not running and all cases on that pack not coming down to temp needless to say it was us that get it in the neck when we turn up. these power perfectors are doing my nut. but had @@@ters done the checks afterwords all would be good