PDA

View Full Version : Position of Samsung RS21 defrost sensors?

ra62668
13-06-2009, 01:01 PM
I have recently replaced defrost sensors & thermal fuses on fride & freezer side as well as the fridge defrost heater. It still end of completely defrosting itself if left on for several hours. Forced defrost suggests defrost heaters both working OK. I currently have the FF on timed to switch off & on every 4 hours which helps but it obviously freezes up after a while.

I'm not sure where the defrost sensors are supposed to be located. Could that be my problem? Any other suggestions?

thanks in advance.
Phill

happy
13-06-2009, 09:27 PM
the sensors should be back in their original positions, i.e. clipped to suction line in top left hand corner. Check current flow with plug in meter on forced defrost. If you're sure all defrost components are ok then probably fault with pcb

ra62668
14-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the advice. Just checked if def heater working & noticed the thermal fuse has gone again. I had it attatched about 2 cm from the def heater coil near the top. Sounds like I have the defrost sensor in the right place from what you have said.

I wonder if the thermal fuse is blowing when I have defrosted with a steamer - sounds pretty obvious that it could.

I may try one more time but am tempted to buy a new fridge.

happy
14-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Thermal fuse in fridge side should be down in the bottom right corner, bottom edge of thermal fuse should be level with bottom of evap. Make sure it is behind evap, not touching heater