PDA

View Full Version : LG B62UWY - advice needed

patto
13-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Hi all...
I am new to these forums. I am looking at getting ducted reverse cycle aircon in my home and i cant seem to find any new (ie 2009) information on the net regarding LG and Daikin aircons.

I am currently considering either the above LG or the Daikin Hybrid RQ200KY1.

Now I know Daikin are great aircons, i have read plenty about Daikin and how great they are but my question has to do with the LG B62UWY...

I have had other LG products (eg the laptop i am typing on) for long periods with no issues, and i understand that LG may have had issues in the past with their aircons, but what are LG like now?
Is this a good aircon and am i going to have problems?

I also like the touch pad controller on the LG aircons now, so much better than all the other old crappy looking controllers.

I am not looking for people to come here and say they are crap without backing it up. Please offer me your advice and the reasons why you do/dont recommend the LG aircons of 2009.

Thanks in advance,
Patto

sinewave
13-06-2009, 03:20 PM
I think you'll find that most peeps will be of the view 'Once bitten Twice shy'!

We've had issues with LG years ago and haven't touched them since.

In todays price sensitive market no-one can afford to loose precious profit with warranty work.

As the old saying goes 'You only get one chance to make a first impression!'

:confused:

hendrag
18-06-2009, 04:55 PM
buy the daikin

this model of Lg is not available in the UK i should know

regards

Hendrag

eggs
18-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Welcome back.

You will have more peace and quiet now that you are selling quality kit again.

Cheers

eggs

back2space
19-06-2009, 02:18 AM
Hi all...

I am not looking for people to come here and say they are crap without backing it up. Please offer me your advice and the reasons why you do/dont recommend the LG aircons of 2009.

Thanks in advance,
Patto

Hey there

Without going into too much detail of my own personal experience but I am ripping out my LG system and fitting Mitsi electric, based on the fact that the control strategy of LG multisplits is terrible.

LG did not want to know about the problem would say that it was operating fine despite the temp read outs being too high and backed up by several engineers. 60C air off in heating mode when maintaining a 1C room temperature, far too high! COmpressor working too hard!

The systems overheat, dont ramp down far enough so end up cycling off.

The diff in temps before they switch back on again can be as much as 3C. Cost a lot to run in heating due them not ramping down far enough or responsive enough.

They do however seem to work ok in cooling, cheap to run IF on cooling and maintain a good set point effectively.

Hendrag I even spoke to you personally on the phone regarding it and I got no further with it, I know you left LG about the same time, but they were not interested, a new board was sent and it was still exactly the same. Now were into the cooling season pretty much so its ok in cooling however still cycles off, despite it having about 10mins between a 1C temeprature difference in the room but no it wont ramp down prefers to cycle off.

Just my opinion and experience as requested, I am not slating personally.

rude
19-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Hi all...
I am new to these forums. I am looking at getting ducted reverse cycle aircon in my home and i cant seem to find any new (ie 2009) information on the net regarding LG and Daikin aircons.

I am currently considering either the above LG or the Daikin Hybrid RQ200KY1.

Now I know Daikin are great aircons, i have read plenty about Daikin and how great they are but my question has to do with the LG B62UWY...

I have had other LG products (eg the laptop i am typing on) for long periods with no issues, and i understand that LG may have had issues in the past with their aircons, but what are LG like now?
Is this a good aircon and am i going to have problems?

I also like the touch pad controller on the LG aircons now, so much better than all the other old crappy looking controllers.

Thanks in advance,
Patto
The fancy controller is just there to hide the crap equipment. Id settle for a less fancy controller where the unit actually works.

hendrag
19-06-2009, 10:12 AM
im not prepared to comment any more about LG kit, i will leave that to the guys who are still there. There are some really good guys at LG who will help out if you call them.

one of the things ive learnt over the years is there are not many of us in this industry so slagging people off is a bad idea, you usually bump into them along the way which is never nice.

my comment though was true, if you cant buy that model in the UK (which you cant) then try something different.

good luck Hendrag

Brian_UK
19-06-2009, 11:03 PM
No comments on the kit but as the OP is in South Australia it doesn't really matter that he can't get the kit in the UK :D