PDA

View Full Version : ice cream machine evaporating pressure

123-steve909
11-06-2009, 01:01 PM
hello
i have a taylor 152-44 ice cream machine running on R404a. anyone know what the evaporating temperature should be

thanks
steve

littleyapper
11-06-2009, 02:08 PM
18psi i used to use that for 502 cant be far off that

123-steve909
16-06-2009, 01:31 PM
great thanks for that

regards
steve

dunny
09-10-2010, 03:40 PM
great thanks for that

regards
steve
the suction pressure is 20 to 22 psi at serving temp.

coolstuf
23-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Don't understand why you want evap temp- to charge unit?
Never ever charge capilliry systems by temp or pressure, charge by weight. The charge weight is on the info plate on machine

Hope that helps

craigpcg
29-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Never ever charge capilliry systems by temp or pressure, charge by weight. The charge weight is on the info plate on machine

Hope that helps

Assuming that there is a plate with the weight on it?? :confused:

PAXFREON
31-10-2010, 11:26 PM
I service many Taylor IC machines mostly in McDonalds...20psi suction is right on the money.

750 Valve
03-11-2010, 09:02 AM

Hope that helps

someone had to charge the thing the first time to get the charge weight.

so if you design a system from scratch what do you do then champ???

a good refrig engineer will charge using subcooling and superheat as a guide to know what is going on, along sith sst and sct obviously.

coolstuf
03-11-2010, 11:37 PM
These systems (capilliry) are also called critically charged systems, that means the charge is critical. When designing these systems, manufacturers can test their equipment in lab conditions. They also work out the inside volume of the pipework, suction accumulator etc. If you over charge the unit, liquid will back up into the condenser, reducing the surface area, increasing the condensing pressure, in turn increasing the evap pressure and temp, wich means evap temp outside spec. If you under charge, high superheat, not enough cooling for compressor, heat kills compressors.

New F-GAS (EU) regulation also specifically states that all critically charged units must only be charged by weight.
I have never ever seen any manufacturer say in any off their manuals or info plates to charge a unit to a specific pressure.
The reason AC suppliers started precharging their units were all the comebacks from "Engineers" over charging the units.
Will probably get lots off replies telling me "I charge like that, never get problems"
Thats ok with me, I will always charge by weight. Will rather Google or call manufacturer to get charge weight.

123-steve909
06-12-2010, 01:16 PM

Hope that helps

Hi it was not to charge it, it was to see where it should be evaporating, the customer had a "engineer" come in and mess around with the unit and made it worse. all sorthed now anyway

thanks for everyones help

steve