PDA

View Full Version : Frequency inverters

Peter_1
03-07-2004, 04:32 PM
What type of frequencey inverters are you using if you need one?
We used a few times Danfoss (rather expensive) and Télémécanique (cheaper then Danfoss) and the last 3 times Taian T-verter (cheap, even very cheap)
For example: a 15 HP +/- 1.200 to 1.300 euro.

http://www.electroworld.co.za/taian_drives/inverter_ew.htm

Fingers crossed, but we never had troubles with it.

Busy these days with installing a 3 x 15 HP Bitzer pack and 13 Goedhart evaporators (meat factory)
2 compressors of the 3 are frequency driven by Taian's, and controleld by an Omron PLC with a small HMI display.
2 independent Bitzers for the Freezer.
It's the 1st time we're doing this with piston compressors.

Murco ***** alarm with 4 sniffers.

I will make some pictures of it next week.

Start-up is foreseen end next week.

Peter_1
04-07-2004, 12:45 AM
It was the first match Google gave me.
Just to show the technical specs.

NIKO
05-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Yo Peter,

if you buy frequency inverters, just make sure you have the possibility to skip certain frequencies ! I know for a fact that eg KIMO does not have this possibility and it could cause a lot of problems with vibrations....

Niko

chemi-cool
05-07-2004, 11:52 AM
We use the ABB frequency inverters for compressors, water pumps, large vacuume pumps at dairies and large fans with direct drive.
No complains so far.
http://www.hyperdynesystems.com/abbsubmotion.html?OVRAW=ABB&OVKEY=abb&OVMTC=standard

Chemi

Peter_1
11-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Seems that GE has inverters whereby you can connect your 4-20mA straight to the inverter without a PLC.

Will do some more search on this and let you know what I found.

Peter_1
11-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Yo Peter,

if you buy frequency inverters, just make sure you have the possibility to skip certain frequencies ! I know for a fact that eg KIMO does not have this possibility and it could cause a lot of problems with vibrations....

Niko

Yo yo Niko,

Compressors are running since Friday evening. At 30 Hz, they make more noise then at 50 Hz. We go till 60 Hz.

I will need you the coming days for a Televis 200 for this plant. EWPX974LX and bus-adapters (3 of the 10 needed) already mounted.

Smoet mor je kieten in en hopelijk een iets makkelijker job dan in Bredene.( Nobody understood this sentence Niko :D )
You can see it then with your own eyes.

See you (literally then)

Peter

dallan
15-07-2004, 07:46 PM
Peter,

Telemecanique have a range of inverter drives that are quite cheap and flexible with a 4-20ma input.

Are they screw semi-hermetics that you are controlling?

David