PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get the cooler to temp

coolrunnings1
10-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Hello. Another pickle..

I have a 2 glass door beer cooler (Display).

This has been working fine..

The Condenser fan went a while back and was replaced with another one but not as powerful...

The cooler worked fine for about a month. Then the temp on the digi thermostat was displaying 18 degrees C.

The cooler is in a bar in tenerife so the temp behiend the bar is alot hotter. We always take this into account.

SO the Gas is 134a 260 grams or there abouts ...

The problem is that the condenser temp is over 60 degrees..... so the cooler not getting to temp....

WHAT CAN I CHECK TO HELP SOLVE THE PROBLEM>

RELAY? CAPACITOR ? MOTOR IS GETTING HOT AS WELL.....

Please Help as i am sick of going to this cooler now for the past 4-5 months with different problems... It could be just the one problem....

Gary
10-06-2009, 03:19 PM
The Condenser fan went a while back and was replaced with another one but not as powerful...

You have answered your own question.

coolrunnings1
10-06-2009, 03:48 PM
That is what i am thinking....

Would it be the relay?

or capacitor.

that is where i am unsure.. should i just change both or how can i test them

coolrunnings1
10-06-2009, 03:54 PM
oh and thanks for the quick response Gary,,,

Gary
10-06-2009, 04:19 PM
You said you replaced the condenser fan with one that is less powerful. Put in the right fan. Less powerful is NOT a good thing.

coolrunnings1
10-06-2009, 05:11 PM
well it was put in for the cost issue. the bar owner did not want to pay the price for the same replacement fan.. So we opted and advised that the smaller one well less powerful anyway would only work for a while....

Like I said before the cooler worked perfect for about a month. now still with the fan on and working ok.. i can only get the temp to 15 degrees..

I have thought of adding another fan at the back small plastic one to see if this would help the cooling...

why would it work ok with the fan i replaced for a month or so and then not work so good. that is why i am still drawn to the relay etc...

any thoughts would be grateful...

Gary
10-06-2009, 05:16 PM
What are the condenser entering and leaving air temps?

icecube51
10-06-2009, 05:30 PM
make more air movement behind the cabinet, ajust the fan blade,if possible a bit bigger because it can get hot in Spain,and last but not least,make sure the condenser(s) are clean and free of dust,water...water & more water will do the trick.

suc6, Ice

coolrunnings1
10-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Thank you for your help I will check the temps etc ....

sedgy
11-06-2009, 07:27 PM
hi coolrunning 1 yes allways fit the same wattage fan motor, but you say its run for a month ok , but hasent it gone hotter since then? all the best , amego,

Brian_UK
11-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Did you change the fan blade as well as the motor?

Get the correct fan and motor before you start doing anything else.

Fail to see how an electrical relay can affect the operation of the system unless it is chattering.

richardlister
27-06-2009, 06:19 PM
me thinks you should leave it to a pro., are you serious a bottle cooler with 250g of refrigerant in will only have a multifit fan in it between 10 and 18w maybe 25w, i would love to what fan you fitted, i cant see there been much price difference at all really 10 quid or so

richardlister
27-06-2009, 06:20 PM
ok euros i know your in spain

tonyelian
27-06-2009, 07:51 PM
hi
did ufit the blade in the right direction
did u fit thesame blade if so its heavy&may turn slow
did u clean the condenser when u have change fan
check air in out like other said