PDA

View Full Version : need advice from Scottish techs

hillbillywillie
07-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Want to come back home to scotland. I need to know from the guys still living there if it's worth coming back to.
be honest!

ps been away 10 years.

NorthSeaTech
07-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi Hillbillywillie,

What is it you want to know, i.e is it worth coming back for work or just in general. Where are you planning on staying when you come back.

I live in Dundee myself which is not too bad although there are many better places in Scotland lol.

Work wise there are always plenty of adverts for positions in our game, i am constantly getting calls from agencies etc....so much so that i have decided to go into business for myself on my time off.

I think it all depends on where you are upping sticks from so to speak.

coolhibby1875
08-06-2009, 05:27 PM
hi hillbillywilly please if you come back dont go anywhere near dundee only joking i supose if you can put up with the **** weather its as good if not better than any where else

NorthSeaTech
08-06-2009, 08:03 PM
hi hillbillywilly please if you come back dont go anywhere near dundee only joking i supose if you can put up with the **** weather its as good if not better than any where else

Theres always one comedian :D

yinmorrison
11-06-2009, 11:20 PM
d
Depends what age you are and what you are expecting out of life, after 52 years I am pretty tired of the way things are going at present but if you are under 30 then maybe you could hack it.let me know and I will give a proper opinion.

hillbillywillie
12-06-2009, 12:30 AM
I'm 47, lived in Scotland till i was 39, didn't have experience in HVACR till I came to America.
I think I could get a decent job back home now.
I miss Scotland.

yinmorrison
17-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Well they had the scots parly 8 years ago so not much change in the talking shop!
Basically the neds have got worse,social responsibility less, and you will have difficulty in finding a job the way things are at present with no signs of getting any better in the future , contrary to what the politicians and bankers are saying.

CJG21
24-06-2009, 09:50 AM
One positive note is the Rangers have rightly returned to the top of Scottish football, a position they rightly belong in :D