PDA

View Full Version : Airwell Florida Big Problem Help Needed!

sunnybankers
06-06-2009, 05:37 PM
I bought a new AIrwell Florida DCI and had it professionally installed but its never worked :mad: all the fans, lights etc work but no heat or cooling. I'm currently getting the error code 10111 for the indoor unit which decodes as "Model B" which the manufacturers say means a sensor is disconnected but they all look connected to me.
Anyone had a similar problem or any ideas as to what might be wrong!

Yuri B.
06-06-2009, 07:31 PM
How the leds light? Maybe this link to the diagnostic table helps you identify which sensor is at fault
http://www.airwelluk.com/faq/rac_diagnostic_procedure/bottom.htm

sunnybankers
06-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks Yuri, on my unit the flashing led's produce the code 10111 which as I said decodes as 'Model B' on the diagnostics list. I don't think I can get anymore out of it.

Yuri B.
06-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Sensor on the evaporator (tube). They are most often to go at fault.

Yuri B.
06-06-2009, 08:52 PM
You, I suppose, checked its connection on PCB.

Yuri B.
06-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Your technical thinking may allow you to chose up a replacement for the faulty sensor, but the problem seems to go beyond the sensor.

sunnybankers
06-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Yes I checked all the connections. Is this the black temperature sensor in front of the coil? If so I disconnected that and it gives a different error code.

Yuri B.
07-06-2009, 06:49 AM
In in front of the coil is air in sensor. The evap one should be on tube, at the side (near to PCB box I believe) of the coil, in a sort of a short capsule soldered to the tube.

sunnybankers
07-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Thanks Yuri I remember that one. I'll take the cover off and disconnect it and see if that alters the error code I'm getting.

Yuri B.
07-06-2009, 02:59 PM
If code is correct - "disconnected evap sensor" - your disconnecting its plug on PCB will change nothing (as the sensor is probably, now at infinity resistance). Better swap places the plugs of the evap sensor and air in (ambient) sensor. (in case both sensors have identical characteristics) Should show alarm "disconnected ambient sensor" instead of "disconnected evap sensor."
The plugs for both sensors, however, maybe unseparable (I think manuf-s do it intentionally to sell us both sensors at once - in cases like yours).
I simply cut wires and make my connections which I need.

Yuri B.
07-06-2009, 03:03 PM
It is only a check, not the solution. Then you need find somwhere alike sensor.

sunnybankers
07-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Yuri I disconnected the evap sensor got same error code swapped the evap and the air sensor and got the same error code . So I guess its not either of those. Any other ideas?

Yuri B.
07-06-2009, 04:40 PM
I suppose you swapped the sensors with power disconnected, then connected, (sensors' plugs being swapped).

sunnybankers
07-06-2009, 05:17 PM
I swapped the plugs over with the power disconnected. Does it make a difference?

Yuri B.
07-06-2009, 05:39 PM
I wanted to be shure you have reset power (and for enough time - not just off and quickly on). Then either the both sensors are at fault (improbable, but still), or PCB itself.
Sensors may also have very differring characteristics. (so as to perceive as faulty the good air sensor plugged into the evap's place ).
Use multimeter, or/and search on through internet - at least to find resistanse diagrams for Airwell's probes.
Someone knows about Airwell's probes?

sunnybankers
07-06-2009, 06:04 PM
They are both around 10,000 ohms but don't know if that right or not.

Yuri B.
07-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Both should change resistance in the same direction when warmed, for instance, by hand.

sunnybankers
07-06-2009, 06:37 PM
They do the resistance drops when warmed.

Yuri B.
07-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Bring the PCB out the unit and have an attentive look at it. Make sure all components are indamaged; measure continuity between each pin in sensor plugs to a chip/other component on PCB.
Be cautious, I woulod add also, just in case, electronics maybe vulnerable to static electricity, try to handle the PCB by its sides.
But anyway, why do not you turn to the seller from whom you bought the unit, as I understand, not at all long ago? May not the installer has done something wrong ?

sunnybankers
07-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Thanks Yuri. Its had a new PCB so I doubt that's the problem. I'll be going back to the seller again, just hoping someone might have seen somthing like this before and could diagnose the problem.