PDA

View Full Version : dakin split

richardrichard
05-06-2009, 05:53 AM
hi ,its my first time on here ,,,just wondered if any 1 can help. ive gat a daikin 407 split system ..its not running ,, its got an e4 fault code on the display .. which i know is a low pressure problem ,, have reclaim the gas and leaked tested , no problems found ,, so i recharged the system .. still didnt run,, when i pushed the contacter 2 get the compressor 2 run the suction and the high side both went down 2 -1 on the gauges .. just like it was vacing it self down ..changed the pc board but still doing the same thing ..has any 1 got any ideas

many thanks

rich

ChillTechnican
05-06-2009, 09:29 AM
hi there richard , where do you have your guages connected ? are they both on the suction side? . are all valves open to the indoor unit?

richardrichard
05-06-2009, 02:35 PM
hi ya ,,the gauges are on the suction and the discharge ..i have checked 2 make sure the valves r open on the unit ..i thought some 1 had shut the discharge side myself ... cos it seems like the unit is pumping it self down
any help would be greatfull
thanks rich

A/C MAX
05-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi Rich, did you check the low pressure sensor?

Gary
05-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Are the indoor fans running? What are the air on/air off temps?

icecube51
05-06-2009, 05:41 PM
is your wriring correct connected??

Ice

wandowski
05-06-2009, 07:17 PM
what is the expansion device?if cappilary then sounds like the strainer is blocked or some where in expansion line!how much refirgerant did you reclaim?

nick uk
15-06-2009, 10:28 PM
had problems with 407 daikin before was suction strainer colapsed inside and blocked caused by liquid slugging symptoms are unit appears to pump down was 10 kw wall

The Viking
16-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Rich,

Is one of your gauge lines connected inside the outdoor unit or are they both on the outside of it?
Is it a heat pump or cooling only?

Assuming both your hoses are connected on the outside of the outdoor unit, it is likely that you are looking at a blocked strainer/ cap tube or a failed EEV (most likely the EEV's motor or actuator, have you checked the lead between that and the PCB?)

Happy hunting.

If you got a model no, I will dig out the wiring diagram.