PDA

View Full Version : Whirlpool - clicking, beeping, lots of problems

nicdigby
04-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi, I have a Whirlpool American style fridge freezer, model # S20B RSS31 A/G.

There are a number of problems - please can someone advise me as to what to do?

1. Beeps every few minutes (like the door is open but it's not) and the display flashes CF. The water filter has been changed and is green, but this problem continues.
2. Lots of clicking noises all the time
3. Ice maker not working properly
4. Water dispenser only flows properly if you open the fridge door while you do it.

Many thanks for your help,
Nic

tonto33
10-06-2009, 03:39 PM
you need to replace the rear pcb board

Johnfg
03-03-2011, 08:24 AM
http://elektrotanya.com/whirlpool_arc_8110.pdf/download.html

For whirlpool arc8110 or other models go to the above link, download the service manual.

It will show you how to take the sticker off the front panel, get at the 4 small screws and get the control box out. Just get a sharp knife and lever the edge up carefully, It went back ok on fixing.

My fridge was working fine except the beeper never went off.

So easy solution, disconnect the black round cylinder on the circuit board, I just had to lever it a bit and it unsoldered, which was most probably the reason for beeping. But fridges worked for about 100 years without beepers so will mine in future.
My shares are up with the better half.

Geonaute
27-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Hello, Johnfg i have a problem with the electronic board of my refrigerator arc 8110, which is always beeping.

I have read your message and i want to know if your fridge is still working well without the beeper the you unsolder (Its in parallel, am i right?)

I have nothing to lose, is the last solution before change the board.

I whish I could send you a private message, but the forum doesnt allow me. If someone who could send him the PM for me I'd appreciate it.

Sorry for my bad english. :confused:

http://elektrotanya.com/whirlpool_arc_8110.pdf/download.html

For whirlpool arc8110 or other models go to the above link, download the service manual.

It will show you how to take the sticker off the front panel, get at the 4 small screws and get the control box out. Just get a sharp knife and lever the edge up carefully, It went back ok on fixing.

My fridge was working fine except the beeper never went off.

So easy solution, disconnect the black round cylinder on the circuit board, I just had to lever it a bit and it unsoldered, which was most probably the reason for beeping. But fridges worked for about 100 years without beepers so will mine in future.
My shares are up with the better half.